Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

msg2mobile scam? on ipad

• 19-06-2013 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

Has anyone come across a "msg2mobile.net" browser window that takes over safari on the Ipad?
    It had happened twice to a relations ipad and wondering how it is getting on and can't locate anything useful on google about it
    Thanks
    Redman

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Can you give more details? I assume Safari is being redirected to this website, yes? Is the iPad jailbroken? If not then it's probably a problem with the router and/or internet connection, usually the DNS settings. But try clearing Safari's website data in Settings and rebooting the iPad and see if it makes any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Can you give more details? I assume Safari is being redirected to this website, yes? Is the iPad jailbroken? If not then it's probably a problem with the router and/or internet connection, usually the DNS settings. But try clearing Safari's website data in Settings and rebooting the iPad and see if it makes any difference.

Yes redirection. Ipad not jailbroken. Ill check router settings - didnt think of that and using a dyndns for security cameras
    thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

That's probably it then. It can't really be anything else. There's no iOS malware at the moment. If you can access the router maybe try clearing the DNS cache.

Had some DNS troubles of my own recently. The DNS I was using was causing slow app and music downloads on my iPhone 5 but bizarrely not on any of my other devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

How is this a DNS issue on the router?

Advertisement