Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition issued to wind up Waterford Utd over 50k

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

the town has no appetite for waterford united anymore..i wouldnt bat an eye lid if they went to the wall.

But you would cry into ur pint if Man Utd or whatever premier league club you follow got beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

the town has no appetite for waterford united anymore..i wouldnt bat an eye lid if they went to the wall.
    Thank you for your positive input

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

decies wrote: »
    Waterford United v Crystal Palace at the RSC on August 3. Kick off is 6pm
    Friendly announced today .

Lovely, where does people by tickets? at the gate or on the internet? comon the blues!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lovely, where does people by tickets? at the gate or on the internet? comon the blues!

At the gate usually.

You can buy the United Ticket from their shop (which appears to have absolutely no stock, when it used to!) http://www.waterford-united.ie/shop/

Usually Ryan's Patrick Street , just beside Stephen st school

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

decies wrote: »
    Usually Ryan's Patrick Street , just beside Stephen st school

Can you not still get them at the gate?

Sully wrote: »
    Can you not still get them at the gate?

Nope. As was mentioned you can only buy them in John Ryan's, inside the ground on match days or online.

Tickets for the crystal place game, to my knowledge, haven't been announced as on sale yet. I'm sure that will happen shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

cococoady wrote: »
    But you would cry into ur pint if Man Utd or whatever premier league club you follow got beat.

not me pal.

im not a bandwagon jumper,unlike your good self coco.

not me pal.

im not a bandwagon jumper,unlike your good self coco.

Oh please do tell more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

the guy is owed around 50k cant see the business guys coughing up that amount ,
    they are doing themselves no favours selling man utd tickets for 30€ and then it transpiring that its the u21 team from man u thats coming not the 1st team

& crystal palace lol.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Hoffmans wrote: »
    they are doing themselves no favours selling man utd tickets for 30€ and then it transpiring that its the u21 team from man u thats coming not the 1st team

Everyone buying tickets understands its not the first team and it will still sell out there loads of bar stoolers out there that wanta go. Crystal Palace are in the Premier League its great the blues get a chance to play against a premier league team. Waterford United will survive no worries.

they do now because somone posted it on twitter about the under 21s its not worth 10€ for that game ..... crystal palace will be just reserves...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Everyone buying tickets understands its not the first team and it will still sell out there loads of bar stoolers out there that wanta go. Crystal Palace are in the Premier League its great the blues get a chance to play against a premier league team. Waterford United will survive no worries.

Hopefully so. By the way, people are quick to blame the owners, or comment that they are just looking to appear the big man, but these people over the years have sunk their own cash into the club. There have been plenty of good people who have been involved with the running of the club, supporters who had the funds to give something back. If anyone thinks that local people who sunk money into Waterford united over the last 10 or more years did so for their own ego are way off the mark in my opinion

Good to see the usual Waterford negativity and begrudgery alive and well in this thread .

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

they do now because somone posted it on twitter about the under 21s its not worth 10€ for that game ..... crystal palace will be just reserves...

Everyone knew from the get go it was under age shur Liverpool did the same a few years ago people will pay to say they were there. Palace is the first team its two weeks before league starts not many big name players tbh but still great to see them come over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Everyone knew from the get go it was under age shur Liverpool did the same a few years ago people will pay to say they were there. Palace is the first team its two weeks before league starts not many big name players tbh but still great to see them come over.

Liverpool play Celtic in Dublin a week before the premiership kicks off and after the SPL has already started and both will be fielding first teams so don't be surprised if Palace do the same. At that stage of pre season match fitness is what they'll be looking for.

l believe they're also could be another friendly announced in the future if talks go well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭iseegirls

What a childish comment. I suppose if you were in charge you'd have Barcelona over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's worth noting that when Waterford United played a Bolton team that was in the premier league 12 odd years ago they played a fairly full strength team so Palace could well do the same.

ziedth wrote: »
    It's worth noting that when Waterford United played a Bolton team that was in the premier league 12 odd years ago they played a fairly full strength team so Palace could well do the same.

Don't recall Bolton coming over but Ipswich and Southampton brought over full strength teams.
    Regarding the man Utd game, the club were promised it wouldn't be the youth team like what Liverpool done a few years ago, but the reserves with a couple if big names that are being left behind from the clubs main tour be it for them returning from injury or only returning to per season late because of confederation cup etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wolves played a decent strength side at the RSC when Mick was in charge if I recall rightly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Don't recall Bolton coming over but Ipswich and Southampton brought over full strength teams.
    mike65 wrote: »
    Wolves played a decent strength side at the RSC when Mick was in charge if I recall rightly.

Bolton came over with Jaaskelainen making his debut for the club. Of course I had a Bolton jersey on me for the game :) Ipswich were never full strength, but I'll say that as a Norwich supporter.

Wolves did have a full side.

Nope. As was mentioned you can only buy them in John Ryan's, inside the ground on match days or online.

Tickets for the crystal place game, to my knowledge, haven't been announced as on sale yet. I'm sure that will happen shortly

Sorry, I am a little confused. Are you saying that I can't buy a Waterford United match ticket inside the grounds / at the gate before the match? Instead, I need to pop into a shop in town and buy them?

I'd happily pay €30 to see a game of footie with an U21 United team. These are possible future senior team players and they do very well in their own right. Its not uncommon for U21s to play or a few senior players to take part in these matches over the years and I don't expect the full senior team to line out. Even when the tickets were announced, any discussions I saw seemed to acknowledge this.

Just because Crystal Palace are not in the 'big four' doesn't mean it wouldn't be an attractive match for people who enjoy football and follow either team.

I have been to a few United matches, and would go to more only its costly, because I enjoy the way they play - win or lose. I have been to a few Waterford games, none with a premier league side, but the times have always clashed for me and there was generally no interest in going among friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

kensutz wrote: »
    Bolton came over with Jaaskelainen making his debut for the club. Of course I had a Bolton jersey on me for the game :) Ipswich were never full strength, but I'll say that as a Norwich supporter.

Wolves did have a full side.

I can't fully remember who but there was an ex spurs player on that Wolves team who was coning to the end of his career and he came on off the the bench and just danced past everybody it was like Zidane making a cameo against a blind football team he looked that good. Do you remember who that was it's killing me? He might have even scored but definitely set up one or two

Edit: I just remembered it wad Andy Sinnot

Sully wrote: »
    Sorry, I am a little confused. Are you saying that I can't buy a Waterford United match ticket inside the grounds / at the gate before the match? Instead, I need to pop into a shop in town and buy them?

I'd happily pay €30 to see a game of footie with an U21 United team. These are possible future senior team players and they do very well in their own right. Its not uncommon for U21s to play or a few senior players to take part in these matches over the years and I don't expect the full senior team to line out. Even when the tickets were announced, any discussions I saw seemed to acknowledge this.

Just because Crystal Palace are not in the 'big four' doesn't mean it wouldn't be an attractive match for people who enjoy football and follow either team.

I have been to a few United matches, and would go to more only its costly, because I enjoy the way they play - win or lose. I have been to a few Waterford games, none with a premier league side, but the times have always clashed for me and there was generally no interest in going among friends.

They can be bought at the ground but from what I was told its only inside the ground and not at the turnstiles. I'm open to correction tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

You can pay at the gate for any of the home games (10 euro ) . The Man United tickets were sold inside the ground at the Wexford game (if I remember correctly ) before they went on general sale. You'll need a ticket to gain entry for this game .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone remember Brian Barry's left foot thunderbolt in the first friendly against Southampton, twas a cracking game, 4-2 to the Saints. The following year was a bit of a 1-0 bore. Team for the first game below

waterford_1995.jpg

Hope the club pull through, was a regular there for years until I had to move away for work. Gradually lost interest but would hate to see them go under. Some great memories supporting 'The Blues'

south wrote: »
    . The Man United tickets were sold inside the ground at the Wexford game (if I remember correctly ) before they went on general sale. .
    Pity they didn't tell the punters it wasn't a senior selection playing at that stage...

Pity they didn't tell the punters it wasn't a senior selection playing at that stage...

Any Man Utd supporter worth their salt would know that the 1st team will be out in China or somewhere far off at the same time. But like I said on another post that the club were promised the reserve team and maybe a couple of big names

Fine political answer dodging the point, anyway the biggest 'name'arriving will problally be this guy " Gyliano van Velzen"

• Advertisement

Fine political answer dodging the point, anyway the biggest 'name'arriving will problally be this guy " Gyliano van Velzen"

Jesus wept. Not having a senior squad is common enough and people even said that on their Facebook. €30 wont break the bank, it helps jobs and the local economy.

I follow Manchester United and look forward to seeing some of the younger lads in action as these are possibly future senior team players and play very good football also.

Should be good craic and good experience for the local lads.

Advertisement