Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Post Office for Supervalue in the Hyper

Options
  • 19-06-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Strange...... when I though most of them were being closed down. I wonder is it a replacement for perhaps the one up in Gracedui, would make more sense to have it in a shopping centre anyway.

A section past the 'book shop' as its called has been partitioned off.

Would be nice if they could throw in an atm as well.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Strange...... when I though most of them were being closed down. I wonder is it a replacement for perhaps the one up in Gracedui, would make more sense to have it in a shopping centre anyway.

A section past the 'book shop' as its called has been partitioned off.

Would be nice if they could throw in an atm as well.:)

One of the girls working there told me that it IS the gracedieu po relocating. It will be much handier for parking thats for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes, the guy was saying it up there a few weeks ago, he's just moving form Grace Dieu. Perfect it makes it a competitor for Ardkeen Stores in the way that you can park for free and get post sent and buy some groceries.

Funny as all the Tesco's seem to be getting chemists, parking must be as big an issue for me as it is for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

good they are getting a post office if they could just do something with the blaa maulers up the bread section,
    was in there the other morning and after fiddling with her nose this biddy went on to pick up and squish nearly a dozen blaas with her snotty fingers and throw them back , i moved in and grabbed a few fresh ones from under the tray before the dirty yolk got to them.............

You'd be surprised what I see people do to fresh food every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

Hoffmans wrote: »
    good they are getting a post office if they could just do something with the blaa maulers up the bread section,
    was in there the other morning and after fiddling with her nose this biddy went on to pick up and squish nearly a dozen blaas with her snotty fingers and throw them back , i moved in and grabbed a few fresh ones from under the tray before the dirty yolk got to them.............

that whole shop needs an overhaul imo. when you look at sv in middleton , clonakilty , ballincollig etc there is no comparison. dont know is it just me but i find its not as clean as other supermarkets.

• Advertisement

Supervalu Tramore is brilliant, its more like a waitrose for fresh food.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

And you get served quickly and don't feel your custom is disturbing the chat between 2 in particular behind the counter.
    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Supervalu Tramore is brilliant, its more like a waitrose for fresh food.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

smaoifs wrote: »
    And you get served quickly and don't feel your custom is disturbing the chat between 2 in particular behind the counter.

That's why I don't shop there anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Does no one from SV ever check internet for feedback or are Caulfields doing soooo well that they don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 daisyholeR

SV in the hyper is definitely one of the "less clean" supermarkets and some of the staff could do with a refresher course in customer service...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I hate shopping there but it's so bloody close to me sometimes I have no other choice. The staff in there are hopeless. Absolutely no thought or effort goes into customer service. It has so much potential which is frustrating.

It really is impossible to see how The tramore store could be the same company!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

It really is impossible to see how The tramore store could be the same company!

its not. quishes own the tramore store

but it is a super valu aswell so i see what you mean. thats the problem with svalus they are independently owned and most of caulfields are very poor bar their merchants quay branch which is their flagship. only one they care about imo

Oh yeah that's right forgot that. The one in enniscorthy is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bookworms

Was in there today won't be going back. The place is so run down. The range of stock is appalling no real choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Just have to comment here given the turn of conversation from the original post.
    Have to agree that this SV is so poor. Staff too busy talking to each other, new staff get contaminated by the culture there and end up the same. One conversation between two staff was about her new Tattoo - Jesus.
    With a few exceptions management and staff are appalling. It is dirty. The Blaa mauler comment above had me laughing my head off - never but bread that's not wrapped in that place - ****ty hands, grazers, nose pickers have all had a paw on the bread.

Problem with the Post Office going in here it that all the nosey parker staff will know peoples business.

They have a loyal custom from South Kilkenny and locals for convenience - they take it for granted.

Tramore SV is streets ahead of this crowd. Selection is great, clean and staff are excellent, so it has zilch to do with the SV range of products.

I use Hyper for small purchases and would not sign up for their loyalty card again because of staff - I wouldn't give them any personal info - not even my name they are so annoying and give an impression of loose talk with your info.

Ann Marie Caulfield (the owners) is chair of retailers group in town and is a good sort - she needs to look to her own patch first to get their act right. They are on auto-pilot and staff are running the place and management is weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

I emailed a complaint to this address last year hypersman@caulfields.com

I was been served when the checkout girl turned around and started chatting to the girl behind her. She was unbelievably rude to me when i asked her to finish doing her job! (I was trying to be nice by saying I was in a hurry)

I got a quick reply from the HR person who wanted to know the name of the woman i was complaining about, looks like they are trying to sort it out but its not happening easy.

Speak up folks. let them hear the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭navalus

No matter what time I visit the place it is blocked with cages and trolleys full of stuff ! I only go here because its near and I have no car ! Dunnes never has the aisles blocked ! no wonder the Hyper is always empty!.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

smaoifs wrote: »

oh my god, thought I was the only one that noticed that about that super valu... I refuse to shop there anymore, the behavior of the staff is absolutely terrible, I don't know how any of them still have jobs... At least that's what I said to myself before I seen the manager acting in the exact same way, god forbid they stop gossiping to do the job THEY ARE PAID FOR. Terrible.

I actually dread having to go in there if it's something that is gone out of aldi/dunnes/tesco... They are a nightmare.

The staff need a major overhaul in that place or they wont have a customer left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

CuriousG wrote: »
    oh my god, thought I was the only one that noticed that about that super valu... I refuse to shop there anymore, the behavior of the staff is absolutely terrible, I don't know how any of them still have jobs... At least that's what I said to myself before I seen the manager acting in the exact same way, god forbid they stop gossiping to do the job THEY ARE PAID FOR. Terrible.

I actually dread having to go in there if it's something that is gone out of aldi/dunnes/tesco... They are a nightmare.

The staff need a major overhaul in that place or they wont have a customer left.

I used to go there for years but 3 particular (one was the rudest woman I have ever met) staff made my blood boil with how they treat the customers. If its not making you wait ages while they gossip about babies and holidays, it was their stupidity. They frequently short changed me, slammed money down in front of me and acted as if I was a general hassle even though Im the customer. They let queues of people form whilst they chatted. One day I was very stressed and when this blond wagon (shes moved to a different section now) slammed down the cash, I asked her "Do you like your job here much, you seem very unhappy here?" to which she just pouted and walked away. Stupid cow. And the managers there are a bit weak when it comes to complaints, he laughed me off when I complained about it once. I never ever go to that counter anymore, idiots...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭CuriousG

Well hopefully super value can see how service should be delivered because I always got excellent service from the PO in grace dieu.

Well hopefully super value can see how service should be delivered because I always got excellent service from the PO in grace dieu.

Top Class there always a joy to visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

So Superquinn is to be integrated into the Supervalu brand, but things like the bread, steak and sausages will remain as Superquinn branded products. I hope the converted Superquinn will be more like Tramore Supervalu and not the Hyper Supervalu.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

Was up in the hyper last night for the first time in a fortnight and a lot of renovations have taken place. Looks like a big improvement - brighter and more open, but only half the shop has been renovated and don't know if the other half is to be updated also.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

crazyman wrote: »
    Was up in the hyper last night for the first time in a fortnight and a lot of renovations have taken place. Looks like a big improvement - brighter and more open, but only half the shop has been renovated and don't know if the other half is to be updated also.

Has the frozen goods section been updated? I was down there a few weeks ago and it seemed one of the freezers had been ripped out (not 100% sure if it was, I never shop there) leaving a big dirty section of flooring. Just thought to myself how run down it was...

Hopefully they will retrain certain staff members on the "quick" check-outs, or at least install self-check out. You'd probably get more manners and better level of customer service from a self-check out computer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭crazyman

wendydoll wrote: »
    Has the frozen goods section been updated? I was down there a few weeks ago and it seemed one of the freezers had been ripped out (not 100% sure if it was, I never shop there) leaving a big dirty section of flooring. Just thought to myself how run down it was...

No it was the area by the bread section and deli counters. The 'express' checkouts are moved to the right hand side when you enter the shop. The ailes and freezer section haven't been touched, yet! - hopefully they'll renovate the entire place.

It feels far more spacious now, did they actually increase the floor space, I didn't think there was room for doing that.

The floor tiles are in poor condition and need replacing.

A great job done on the P.O. and nice and private too.

Hope they upgrade (or should that be downgrade) some of the staff now and complete the job properly.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Yep, i agree. So much more spacious around the front area and leading onto the fruit and veg.

Moving the quick tills over near the other checkouts make so much sense. It was crazy to have cross over to the start of the shop to pay for 1 or 2 things.

It's still work in progress, as the fridges seem to be all over the place. But I'm glad they are finally redesigning the shop.

• Advertisement

Brochure came in the door today, 6 pack of eggs now 99c normally €1.65 every little helps, several pic's of some staff and group photo on back but with one noticeable absence ~ hmmmmmmmmm:)

Anyway great job lads massive improvement!

Advertisement