Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOS App Question

Options
  • 19-06-2013 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi,
    Quick question here about IOS App Development.
    I have an idea for an app, it is fairly simple. A part of the app is that I want it to be able to display a full screen notification once a day.

When I say full screen notification I'm not talking about the small one you get like when you receive a message, I'm talking about an Image that takes up the whole screen.

Is this possible, or does apple frown on these type of apps? And is android the same??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jgh_

I don't think you can do that unless its preceded by a regular push notification and the user chooses to open the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thomas98798

I had a feeling that would be the answer :(
    The regular push notification will have to do, but it lacks the spontaneity effect that I was hoping to achieve.
    Thanks for your help jgh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I can confirm what jgh_ says, you can't do this on iOS.

Draffodx and jgh_ do either of you know if this is possible to do on android systems?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Draffodx and jgh_ do either of you know if this is possible to do on android systems?

Yes it should be possible to do that on Android.

• Advertisement

Cheers draffodx, thanks for the quick reply.

Advertisement