Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

w[h]ere do i stand ?

• 19-06-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

r I gave my car keys to a so called buyer they gave me a deposit and have taken my car they refuse to pay the rest of the money.were do i stand as i gave the keys to 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

jackspots wrote: »
    r I gave my car keys to a so called buyer they gave me a deposit and have taken my car they refuse to pay the rest of the money.were do i stand as i gave the keys to 

Have you sent the tax book out yet?

If not then give them there deposit back and then demand the car back.

If the above fails then engage in a legal professional or the Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jackspots

I still have the log book and i have contacted the guards
    They said not much they can do as i gave the keys and this sort of thing happens all the time.

They said not much they can do as i gave the keys and this sort of thing happens all the time.

That's a bit ludicrous in my opinion.

Suppose any criminal action is out the window then.

Maybe get onto a Solicitor, try get a free consultation, if not it is usually around 50 or 60 quid for one. They might be able to tell you if you have any recourse through contract law or tort.

It's against the charter to give legal advice on here.

I don't think you replied properly there.

• Advertisement

Yes i think its crazy that some one can do this and get away with it.
    Im wondering will it cost me more in the long run with legal fees to take them to court.

Yes i think its crazy that some one can do this and get away with it.Im wondering will it cost me more in the long run with legal fees to take them to court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Do you not have a spare set of keys? Why not simply locate the car and take it back?

This is in no way intended as legal advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

Why would you give the keys (and essentially the car) without getting the remainder of the deposit first? Do you know the person you sold the car to?

I only had one key for it.
    I am tryin to find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

well the car is still in your name, you have not been paid(fully) for the car, can you not report it stolen?

in future, never let the car out of your sight until the balance is paid in full.

I have reported it stolen to garda.
    They said it becomes a civil matter but if i can find i have the right to take it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

how can they deem car theft a civil matter?? seems a bit odd, sure if they get stopped and the reg is ran they are getting done for motor theft?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

"This is a civil matter", AGS speak for "this is a waste of our limited time and resources".

If there was a ratio of Gardaí:us of 1:50, there would be a much better chance they would prioritise something like this. As it is, your only bet is to try and recover the car off your own steam (without committing any further crime)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DieselPowered

I only had one key for it.
    I am tryin to find it.

This does not explain why you gave the car away.
    I'm loosing faith in this thread as the info does not add up.

I hope you get your car back. Im out.

Advertisement