Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Gearbox Question!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Hi, I may or may not be changing to a classic army 6mm bearing gearbox, As my G&G Combat Machine M4 Carbine gearbox seems to have cracked off :( But someone may be giving me one on boards (Hopefully) and if they cant find it I may have to change to a CA 6mm bearing,

But my G&G has 8mm bearings, My question is, will the metal 'posts' on the gearbox fit into the 6mm? And will the changeover have no problems? Heres the gearbox I might buy: http://www.airsofteire.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=541&category_id=61&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

Im not an expert but I can take apart and put back together a gearbox. Its not exactly a high speed setup so 6mm will do but just dont want to buy it and find out that they dont fit. Thanks for your help boards!

The gearbox itself will fit fine but you'll need new 6mm bushings or bearings. Also if you have a hole drilled in your cylinder you might as well fit a new cylinder and an m90 spring while you have the gearbox open. Shouldnt be too expensive and it's well worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Yes a Classic Army gearbox will fit the G&G body no problem
    As stated you will need a set of 6mm either Bushings or Bearings (I would recommend you use Bushings)

Is your G&G fitted with the pneumatic BlowBack gearbox as used in the GR15 or the standard gearbox as used in the GR16

If your gearbox is the GR16 then no problem all the other parts other than the Bearing will fit the CA gearbox
    However if yours is the BlowBack GR15 gearbox the you will also need to fit a new cylinder and a Anti-reversal Latch as the Anti-reversal in the GR15 gearbox is unique to that gearbox
    The existing spring should be grand and I doubt if it would need replacing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SlappyTheSeal

The gearbox itself will fit fine but you'll need new 6mm bushings or bearings. Also if you have a hole drilled in your cylinder you might as well fit a new cylinder and an m90 spring while you have the gearbox open. Shouldnt be too expensive and it's well worth it in the long run.

Thats the exact reason I'm doing this haha, the high power spring broke it so I'm changing my spring, cylinder and air nozzle as I fecked that up when putting it back in (no clue how, the indent thingy snapped off so it dont seat properly ) And thanks for the help! :D

DeBurca wrote: »
    Yes a Classic Army gearbox will fit the G&G body no problem
    As stated you will need a set of 6mm either Bushings or Bearings (I would recommend you use Bushings)

Is your G&G fitted with the pneumatic BlowBack gearbox as used in the GR15 or the standard gearbox as used in the GR16

If your gearbox is the GR16 then no problem all the other parts other than the Bearing will fit the CA gearbox
    However if yours is the BlowBack GR15 gearbox the you will also need to fit a new cylinder and a Anti-reversal Latch as the Anti-reversal in the GR15 gearbox is unique to that gearbox
    The existing spring should be grand and I doubt if it would need replacing

Just the standard gearbox with no blowback, and imma replace the spring for good mesure as its gonna be illegal if not haha. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

My friend has a g&g combat machine m4, the original gearbox shell broke so he bought a CA 6mm shell, worst thing he ever did, the parts wouldnt fit in right at all and the shell needed sanding and dremmeling in places for the gears and stuff to work right.
    Unfortunatly compatability is a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

$kilkenny wrote: »
    My friend has a g&g combat machine m4, the original gearbox shell broke so he bought a CA 6mm shell, worst thing he ever did, the parts wouldnt fit in right at all and the shell needed sanding and dremmeling in places for the gears and stuff to work right.
    Unfortunatly compatability is a pain.
    With a polymer body?
    I tried out a friends ca 6mm gearbox when I had a g&g polymer body and it fit like a dream. No issues at all. Maybe I was lucky or maybe your friend was unlucky.....
    *EDIT* apologies , I actually tried a completed ca 6mm shell, I thought you meant it didn't fit in the body. Either way, I think the op already got another shell from a boards member so no worries.

Sorry for not being active for a few days guys, took it apart down to the gearbox and left it overnight out on my desk. The pressure of the spring snapped it clean off, and I still dont have that new shell yet :( my gearbox is currently in pieces :( Ill be leaving it there till I get the new casing.

Advertisement