Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for brekkie for Lions Series!

• 19-06-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭

Right!

Lads and lassies .. There's a thread knocking around there about the best brekkie in Limerick.
    I'm looking for the best pub brekkie for the Lions 3 matches, starting this Saturday..
    Watched the 2001 lions in The Locke...2005 was away travelling and watched 2009 in Claws...

Where to go!??? :)
    LIONS LIONS LIONS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

moby2101 wrote: »
    Right!

Lads and lassies .. There's a thread knocking around there about the best brekkie in Limerick.
    I'm looking for the best pub brekkie for the Lions 3 matches, starting this Saturday..
    Watched the 2001 lions in The Locke...2005 was away travelling and watched 2009 in Claws...

Where to go!??? :)
    LIONS LIONS LIONS

Smyths do full irish for 5.95 with the match. Great value and 4 screens(2 projected) for the match :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I remember dolans open for Ireland vs New Zealand a few years back so there is a good chance they will be open for the lions. A good breakfast there also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

You can get a nice breakfast in the Horse and Hound and they have a large screen at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

Bobby's is a decent spot for it as well. Plenty of tv's around the place and their food is always decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Clohessy's are open for the matches serving breakfast afaik.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Flannerys on Denmark St are open and serving brekkie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Locke Bar are offering a complimentary breakfast bap at half time.

http://www.lockebar.com/index.php?page=5

Would recommend either Bobby's or Horse & Hound though if you're after a substantial breakfast.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

bazz26 wrote: »
    Clohessy's are open for the matches serving breakfast afaik.

Very low on my list of venues. Not even sure why.

p.s. Smyths have a number of decent screens and tv's and their breakfast menu is decent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Very low on my list of venues. Not even sure why.

p.s. Smyths have a number of decent screens and tv's and their breakfast menu is decent too.

Shall we?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

testicle wrote: »
    Shall we?

Going on tour!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

Watched last Saturday's game in Flannery's in Denmark St (Across from Icon) and had breakfast there for the first time. Very impressed with the breakfast, 6.90 I think. Plenty of space, but I assume it'll be busier this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

gerardk55 wrote: »
    Watched last Saturday's game in Flannery's in Denmark St (Across from Icon) and had breakfast there for the first time. Very impressed with the breakfast, 6.90 I think. Plenty of space, but I assume it'll be busier this weekend.

+1 for Flannerys (the big one). I was there 2 weeks ago for breakfast and a Lions game. Decent screens, sound and food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭Mockba

McMahons Bar - The office in the market are doinga Breakfast Roll and a Drink for €5.00.

From Face book .......
    Mc Mahons Bar

This Saturday morning the Lions play Australia in the first test. We are having the Lions Breakfast roll with tea and coffee or something stronger if you want all for a fiver. The match will be on all our screens so come and watch it in one of Limerick's premier rugby pubs with real rugby people. Coverage starts at 10.30 Lions,lions,lions

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gflann

Richmond RFC are doing a fundraiser in The Library tomorrow morning, so should be a bit of craic.
    Outside that I would recommend Bobby's or Dolan's.

Gwan Richmonds! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

...all great suggestions but seems a few mates of mine have already decided on Souths???

Apparently There's a great breakfast to be had?

Haven't been in there in ages but sure well give it a go...plenty of TV's in there if I recall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

The Old Crescent Club House will be open for it too. Saw a sign there yesterday, sausage bap and tea/coffee for a €5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I wouldn't go near Smyths for a match.

I wouldn't go near Smyths for anything really!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

leakyboots wrote: »
    I wouldn't go near Smyths for a match.

I wouldn't go near Smyths for anything really!

It's grand when it's fairly quiet. Very low down my list too though!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

Lots of places mentioned here that don't serve food at all. Dolans are closed during days normally but will be serving out of a carvery tomorrow. The Library & Office doesn't even do food. Old Crescent - not even a pub.

Personally I would rather a place that has a licensed kitchen and does breakfast normally like The Locke, Bobbys, Flannerys Souths, etc...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I had the Dolan's breakfast on a Sunday morning recently and couldn't fault it at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Gallee wrote: »
    Lots of places mentioned here that don't serve food at all. Dolans are closed during days normally but will be serving out of a carvery tomorrow. The Library & Office doesn't even do food. Old Crescent - not even a pub.

Personally I would rather a place that has a licensed kitchen and does breakfast normally like The Locke, Bobbys, Flannerys Souths, etc...

Dolans open for breakfast every single weekend.. also are showing the match on cinema screens in the warehouse.

Flannerys best pub food ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Well a wins a win!!!
    Watched this in Souths with a few friends, the brekkie is fantastic value 6.50 for a very good full irish with all the refils of coffee/tea you wanted...good atmosphere and plenty of TV's as well... I've found a home for the next few weeks!

Advertisement