Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any meet-ups in Dublin

Options
  • 19-06-2013 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Anyone ever organize a meet-up in Dublin? I was thinking they would be good to introduce ecigs to new vapers, show them about rebuildables and people could swap tips, tricks and materials.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

VolumeII wrote: »
    Anyone ever organize a meet-up in Dublin? I was thinking they would be good to introduce ecigs to new vapers, show them about rebuildables and people could swap tips, tricks and materials.

There was one in February but nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

If there is enough interest we could do another one in July maybe? Same Place?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I'd be up for it as I'm a newbie to Vaping.

Same place, i'd say no vendors unless they want to bring stuff. No raffle cause that should be saved for the vapefests and just a group having banter, beers and vapes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 VolumeII

why no vendors? and where was the last meet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

I think who ever feels like it should go, no need for exceptions, vendors would bring something else to the meet and if they want to put something up for grabs then sher it's a bit of craic :)

why no vendors? and where was the last meet?

Cause last time it was a bit of a hastle organising it and in the end only 1 vendor came and set up a stall. Last meet was in the silver granite in palmerstown.
    redkid wrote: »
    I think who ever feels like it should go, no need for exceptions, vendors would bring something else to the meet and if they want to put something up for grabs then sher it's a bit of craic :)

Fair enough if they want to bring stuff themselves, i know last time that wingnut brought people's orders with him if they were going to be at the meet. Organising a raffle can be a nightmare and it never looks good if the person pulling tickets has their friend win 2 prizes.

I'd be thinking a more meet up type of thing. Have a few beers and swap stories. Thats only my personal preference though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I'd be well up for it. Curious to see others setups. I need tips! I'll bring a few juices with me anyway.

Incidently does anyone know if Vapefest Eire is going ahead again this year?

quintron wrote: »
    Incidently does anyone know if Vapefest Eire is going ahead again this year?

Havent heard anything, its possible that its being organised in quietly and when everything is ready to go it will be announced.

• Advertisement

Yeah, figured.
    I'd be happy to help with any aspect of organization of that, if t'wer' needed.
    Just PM me, whoever it is. etc
    Cheers.

It was Newmark last year who set it up but he opened a Vape shop a few months ago and i think he's busy with that.

Fair enough if they want to bring stuff themselves, i know last time that wingnut brought people's orders with him if they were going to be at the meet. Organising a raffle can be a nightmare and it never looks good if the person pulling tickets has their friend win 2 prizes.

I'd be thinking a more meet up type of thing. Have a few beers and swap stories. Thats only my personal preference though.

Yea I see your point alright, nothing comercial like just for the laugh etc

Cause last time it was a bit of a hastle organising it and in the end only 1 vendor came and set up a stall. Last meet was in the silver granite in palmerstown.

I wasn't really thinking of something that elaborate with stalls, just a few drinks somewhere vape friendly in the city. People could bring along rebuildable supplies and swap tips etc, or show new people how to get set-up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Same place, i'd say no vendors unless they want to bring stuff. No raffle cause that should be saved for the vapefests and just a group having banter, beers and vapes :)

Worked well the last time, sounds good to me. I'm sure the Granite will be glad to see the crowd with blowtorchs, syringes, surrounded by countless pieces of toilet paper and little plastic bottles again...:pac:

A few beers, vapes, and some light rebuilding would be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I'd be up for it. I missed the last one coz it clashed with holidays. A simple meet up would suit everybody. Date and place suggestions anybody?

Anyone know a city centre pub that's vape friendly or will I ask around?
    Doyles has a nice largish space downstairs with long straight tables they use for functions. That kind of set-up might be good for tutorial-ing rebuildables etc if we can get some new vapers to come along. I could ask them if they could let us use it one evening because it's out of the way enough that it wouldn't annoy/concern other folk.

Anyone know a city centre pub that's vape friendly or will I ask around?
    Doyles has a nice largish space downstairs with long straight tables they use for functions. That kind of set-up might be good for tutorial-ing rebuildables etc if we can get some new vapers to come along. I could ask them if they could let us use it one evening because it's out of the way enough that it wouldn't annoy/concern other folk.

Dont know about rebuilding in places, whipping out blow torches and the like but most pubs dont care if you're vaping away. always best to check with the barman anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Dont know about rebuilding in places, whipping out blow torches and the like <snip>

I got some dagger looks alright at the last one when I fired up the torch...

You'd need to know roughly how many people were interested in going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm in, so long as I'm around. heading away end of month, and possibly again end of july, any other time is good. So long as it's in the city/easy to get to. I'd be traveling by bus from Meath.

Advertisement