Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Anybody here watch Love/Hate? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

No, but I feel I should start! I even have the boxset so I don't really have an excuse, other than I'm too busy watching Breaking Bad!

pvakelly wrote: »
    No, but I feel I should start! I even have the boxset so I don't really have an excuse, other than I'm too busy watching Breaking Bad!
    I bought the boxset this Summer and I was watched it over the Summer :D Can't wait for Season 4 tonight :)

I'm gonna get the Breaking Bad boxset next Summer and watch it all :)

Tom Vaughan Lawlor went to my school! Last years TYs invited him back and interviewed him for their radio module. It was a really good idea and went down really well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

Have my first day of peer ed. training tomorrow I can't wait! I'll be able to teach 1st years S.P.H.E later on in the year! :D

• Advertisement

Have my first day of peer ed. training tomorrow I can't wait! I'll be able to teach 1st years S.P.H.E later on in the year! :D

What's peer ed? Sounds interesting :)

It's when you have to go to 5 training days in October, November and December and then you are qualified to teach 1st year or 6th class SPHE

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I passed my driver theory test btw so once im 17 i can instantly get my provisional licence and start driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

First day of work experience at Special Olympics Ireland was AWESOME! Me and my mate were working at the Volunteer communications department, great fun. I managed to reg 3 people into the volunteer division! :D There are a lot of people from Co. Cork signing up! We'll be working in various of departments so that will be good, we get to taste everything in the company. Planning to sign up as a volunteer myself after my two week experience :D.

Bluestrike wrote: »
    I passed my driver theory test btw so once im 17 i can instantly get my provisional licence and start driving

I just got the book yesterday so I'm gonna start preparing for mine. I can't wait to start driving!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Was at the local parish centre today all day for dev ed.
    Good day.
    We had a school from Carnew in Wicklow with us too :p
    Tomorrow is the opening mass, so we'll get out at 1 hopefully.
    Thursday is a normal day then Friday is work experience!
    Then on Monday its the 3 day trip
    Cannot wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

We did that as a module for the last 6 weeks. I did it a bit at the start but for the rest I just pissed about on the computers and made up my test scores. :p

We did that as a module for the last 6 weeks. I did it a bit at the start but for the rest I just pissed about on the computers and made up my test scores. :p

Ye, the teacher was our coordinator so he said once we did the test online we cud do what we wanted. Now, as i passed the actual one, i do what i want

My 3 day trip is tomorrow. Have to get up at half 6 and the bus leaves at half 7 should be really fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

My 3 day trip is tomorrow. Have to get up at half 6 and the bus leaves at half 7 should be really fun :)

Enjoy yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sarahmg908

Anyone else doing the Gaisce? :)

sarahmg908 wrote: »

I am :) What types of things are you doing for it?
    I'm teaching myself Spanish, I've started running, and I'm volunteering in a Vincent de Paul charity shop! So far it's quite enjoyable!

pvakelly wrote: »
    I am :) What types of things are you doing for it?
    I'm teaching myself Spanish, I've started running, and I'm volunteering in a Vincent de Paul charity shop! So far it's quite enjoyable!

Im learning guitar, gonna do Zumba I think (havent started the sport yet :P) and I'm a leader in a youth club :) yeah its definately good dont see why people complain over it so much

I really wanted to! The teacher who does Gaisce is on maternity leave though so people probably forgot to set it up. I'm going to ask about it in school tomorrow :)

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I really wanted to! The teacher who does Gaisce is on maternity leave though so people probably forgot to set it up. I'm going to ask about it in school tomorrow :)

yeah you might as well it's a good excuse to start new things :D

• Advertisement

yeah you might as well it's a good excuse to start new things :D
    That's exactly it :o I want to start some new stuff like :) Hopefully the principal will sort something :)

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    That's exactly it :o I want to start some new stuff like :) Hopefully the principal will sort something :)

Hopefully :)

We do Gaisce in 5th year. Haven't a clue why we don't do it in TY instead :/

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lezflano

Is the Gaisce really useful though? I've all my stuff ready but I might not bother as most of the people I've asked that have done it said its useless on a CV since most employers don't really care about it

For my gaisce I'm doing Life saving for my skill, sailing for my sport and working in the school tuck shop on Saturday mornings for the primary school who do rugby for my community service.
    Also, I wouldn't say its a waste because it shows you can be dedicated to a task and follow it through. It may be later in life but right now, when we don't have much experience, it's a good thing to have on your CV

For my gaisce I'm doing Life saving for my skill, sailing for my sport and working in the school tuck shop on Saturday mornings for the primary school who do rugby for my community service.
    Also, I wouldn't say its a waste because it shows you can be dedicated to a task and follow it through. It may be later in life but right now, when we don't have much experience, it's a good thing to have on your CV

I agree :) Sailing is hard though I did it as a module for 6 weeks xD just beware, you will more than likely fall off your boat at least once.. :P

I agree :) Sailing is hard though I did it as a module for 6 weeks xD just beware, you will more than likely fall off your boat at least once.. :P

Ye, i have been sailing since i was about 10 or maybe a bit younger so those days have passed. I now do events around the country throughout the year much to some people's annoyment *cough cough....CathalRyano....cough cough* The worst part of sailing now is the heavy winds and hiking to keep the boat flat :D Generally, i don't really capsize now, although, as you said about falling out, my friend did that 2 weeks ago out of his own boat when it was really windy and the boat was half capsized and started sailing away slowly and he had to swim after it so that was pretty funny :P

I will probably be mocked later by Cathal about this post as he has done before, but oh well...

Back from my 3 day trip now! It was AMAZING! We spent 6 hours going up the top of the Cooley Mountains in Carlingford. I've never been so exhausted in my life! No school for us tomorrow though so not to worry for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lezflano

Anyone here doing TYPE In trinity? I'm still waiting to hear if my application got accepted or not

• Advertisement

Ye, i have been sailing since i was about 10 or maybe a bit younger so those days have passed. I now do events around the country throughout the year much to some people's annoyment *cough cough....CathalRyano....cough cough* The worst part of sailing now is the heavy winds and hiking to keep the boat flat :D Generally, i don't really capsize now, although, as you said about falling out, my friend did that 2 weeks ago out of his own boat when it was really windy and the boat was half capsized and started sailing away slowly and he had to swim after it so that was pretty funny :P

I will probably be mocked later by Cathal about this post as he has done before, but oh well...

ahaha really? :P I almost capsized a few times but then somehow managed to balance the boat... a good few people in my class ended up falling in one was even pulled in by a rope xD

Advertisement