Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I won the competition i've entered! I won a Microsoft Surface Tablet! Woot! :D
    Gratzie!
    That's you sorted now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

I found out on Friday that I was one of ten picked to go to CIT for a week in October :D I'll be attending lectures and basically seeing what college is like. I'm excited but kind of nervous too, it should be a great opportunity though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Hello I am invading from the 5th year OT thread because all the people from the JC thread this year are in TY :)
    Bonjour,
    I am Jijsaw, a person who speaks many words but understands the meaning of few.
    My motto is: I live to give (that is copyrighted i.e don't use it!)

And my final words:
    Gossip is the devil's radio, as long as you hate, there will be people to hate

Let's make this the biggest TY off-topic thread EVER! so what do you guys want for christmas? :D

Might as well answer this question:
    I hope to get
    The Beatles Anthology (book)
    All Things Must Pass- George Harrison (CD)
    Love- The Beatles (CD)
    Please, Please Me- The Beatles (CD)
    Backbeat-DVD
    Brainwashed- George Harrison (CD)
    Help!- (DVD)
    Concert for George- DVD

Can you guess who my favourite band/singer are? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Jijsaw wrote: »
    Hello I am invading from the 5th year OT thread because all the people from the JC thread this year are in TY :)
    Bonjour,
    I am Jijsaw, a person who speaks many words but understands the meaning of few.
    My motto is: I live to give (that is copyrighted i.e don't use it!)

And my final words:
    Gossip is the devil's radio, as long as you hate, there will be people to hate
    And your name is James :pac: ;) By the way, do I get a prize for guessing the Beatles as your favourite band? :D

• Advertisement

And your name is James :pac: ;) By the way, do I get a prize for guessing the Beatles as your favourite band? :D

You get a cookie, enjoy little Arnie.tumblr_static_chocolate_chip_cookies.jpeg

And for all the people who don't know, my French alter ego is James and I'm actually a girl :p

And for all the people who don't know, my French alter ego is James and I'm actually a girl :p
    "I'm actually a girl" epic plot twist :eek:

"I'm actually a girl" epic plot twist :eek:

Bro did you think I was a lad :P

Bro did you think I was a lad :P
    Yea, for serious bro! :pac:

Yea, for serious bro! :pac:

REALLY?!? Did you think I was a guy who has a massive crush on Dhani Harrison?? I'm some kind of gay-Beatles loving dork, eh? :p

• Advertisement

REALLY?!? Did you think I was a guy who has a massive crush on Dhani Harrison?? I'm some kind of gay-Beatles loving dork, eh? :p
    There's nothing wrong with being homosexual :). If you're gonna have a crush, at least have it on a famous person ;).

There's nothing wrong with being homosexual :). If you're gonna have a crush, at least have it on a famous person ;).

Well bro there we go, I'm a girl, who's real name may or may not be Jijsaw. You decide!
    Other interesting things about me:
    I'm the youngest in my family
    I'm 15
    I love reading
    I love music (wow Jijjy what an interesting fact :rolleyes:)
    I don't watch a lot of television but when I do its comedy and quiz shows (Monty Python's Flying Circus, QI, Mock The Week, Simpsons, Futurama, Father Ted, Fawlty Towers etc.)
    I have curly hair which is impossible to straighten
    My eyes are hazel

We should meet up for drinks when we're in college lads... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

I always just thought you were a girl :L

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Going to Killary tomorrow! Excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

We've a team building day on Thursday :D And we have our work experience dates got so I have to find a place now :O

Also I've just learned they do a free Japanese course for the Leaving Certificate on Saturdays in my area! :D Thrilled! I'm going to sign up for next September because it's a two year course and try to get a bit of grounding this year :D

If it's anything like my Chinese module I'm in for a treat :D

Bazinga_N wrote: »

Also I've just learned they do a free Japanese course for the Leaving Certificate on Saturdays in my area! :D Thrilled! I'm going to sign up for next September because it's a two year course and try to get a bit of grounding this year :D

If it's anything like my Chinese module I'm in for a treat :D

Whereabouts are you? I'd love to do Japanese! :

pvakelly wrote: »
    Whereabouts are you? I'd love to do Japanese! :
    Cork :)

Cork :)

Pity, I'm in Dublin :) I've been looking everywhere for language classes for TYs starting a new language. There are a couple that look quite good but I'm the only one to have enquired and they need 8 people to run a class :( back to teaching myself I guess :)

2 hours of Chinese every Wednesday from 2 until 4... Sorted!
    Only 10 out of my year doing it so we're doing it with the girls school 10 + 10 so a nice small class.
    Anyone else *have* to go plouging next wednesday? ;/

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

Only 10 out of my year doing it so we're doing it with the girls school 10 + 10 so a nice small class.

Yep! Compulsory trip (yay) Hope the weather is good! :D

• Advertisement

I have a double Chinese every Monday morning :D I love it<3

I wanted to go to the ploughing but wasn't able because second years and third years filled up the bus first </3

On the bright side I have a TY team building day tomorrow and I got chosen to be a YSI advocate today so I have a training day all day Friday :) Also my name got put into a hat today for a German exchange which is completely payed for by the EU :D Hope my name gets picked!! We got told as well today that we're going on a European trip in Easter so hopefully we'll be going somewhere cool :D TYs looking good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I dont have any trips as a year group in our school, although at the end of the year 20-30 people go to Ghana for a week and thats sounds good so will probably go on that trip. around March-April i will be going around Europe doing sailing events too so that sounds good

Anyone else here get iOS 7? :O I love it!

I have a double Chinese every Monday morning :D I love it<3

I wanted to go to the ploughing but wasn't able because second years and third years filled up the bus first </3

On the bright side I have a TY team building day tomorrow and I got chosen to be a YSI advocate today so I have a training day all day Friday :) Also my name got put into a hat today for a German exchange which is completely payed for by the EU :D Hope my name gets picked!! We got told as well today that we're going on a European trip in Easter so hopefully we'll be going somewhere cool :D TYs looking good :D

YSI? Haha.. we had that, it was turned into "Arcade class" we're building an arcade machine xD
    In our school a class is 40 minutes and there's 9 per day.
    We've Chinese from 2 until 4 on Wednesday, love it so far!
    I live in Carlow... Ploughing is like 20 minutes away...
    I asked my year head why exactly we're going and she said.. It's a festival! Le festival! (Some stuff in French) and finally... Fer de BANTERRR!
    I don't have school on Friday... Work experience!

Sigh.. Boards meet up anyone? :rolleyes:

YSI? Haha.. we had that, it was turned into "Arcade class" we're building an arcade machine xD
    In our school a class is 40 minutes and there's 9 per day.
    We've Chinese from 2 until 4 on Wednesday, love it so far!
    I live in Carlow... Ploughing is like 20 minutes away...
    I asked my year head why exactly we're going and she said.. It's a festival! Le festival! (Some stuff in French) and finally... Fer de BANTERRR!
    I don't have school on Friday... Work experience!

Sigh.. Boards meet up anyone? :rolleyes:
    The YSI advocate program isn't the same as the YSI competition :) Only ten schools in Ireland have the program.

I think I may have organised a bus of people for the ploughing! :D #YES!

juniorcert wrote: »
    I always just thought you were a girl :L

Why thank you ;)
    Anyways I'm not jealous of y'all with your Japanese and trips to the ploughing, I've got Robert Frost poems to learn! :)

The YSI advocate program isn't the same as the YSI competition :) Only ten schools in Ireland have the program.

I think I may have organised a bus of people for the ploughing! :D #YES!
    Where're you located?
    I live in Carlow so... Ugh! Have to go.
    I have work experience tomorrow, can't wait!
    Well whatever YSI *was* it's Arcade Class now :P

Where're you located?
    I live in Carlow so... Ugh! Have to go.
    I have work experience tomorrow, can't wait!
    Well whatever YSI *was* it's Arcade Class now :P

Cork :D I don't have work experience until January :o I don't understand how it turned into arcade class xD

Secured a two week work placement in Special Olympics Ireland for October :D. Haven't went on this site for a week :o. Also getting the Xperia Z1 in two weeks :D I don't like the iPhone :o.

• Advertisement

Just back from the Ploughing :D It was unreal :)

The last few days have been mental. We had a team building day (zip-lining is unbelievable. Honestly everyone should try it :O) and a YSI training day in Cork. I got voted chairperson on our YSI team and managed to secure a classroom (which is a very very hard in my school this year :P) and a timetable slot :) I joined the debating team and we've a workshop in UCC in a few weeks. I've gone to like two birthday parties last weekend and I've a wedding tomorrow :O On top of that my Leaving Cert classes are so busy! :o Biology and Chemistry have so much learning :mad:

How's everyone else been getting on? :)

Advertisement