Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2013/2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

115km cycle from Dublin to Brittas and back on Saturday with 80 other people in our year (out of 107) our coordinator says usually around 60 go with 4 dropping out so wonder how many will drop out and be picked up by the van. Also, after I cycled into school 15 days or more out of 20, the people who did that amount go on a trip, some people are saying we are going paintballing as thats what they did last year, if so it will be good craic, with around 50 of us going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭CookieCat97

Went to the ploughing as well, I thought it was great! Came home with loads of freebies and a €240 Gaeltacht scholarship! :0 My favourite was a tiny tree! XD Classes are super boring as we are doing very little and anything we are doing is too easy, I'm living for non-class school things! I found out yesterday that I'm class prefect and that I will be taking part in a peer ed. course (there were only 4 places for our school and about 60 TY'S) We will be going to causey farm in November. We have a genetics thing in W5 which I'm super excited about! I believe TY for me is only properly starting now because we did very little this month and it sounds like there are lots of great things in line for the coming months and plenty of workshops! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

The ploughing seems really great! Pity us Dubliners don't seem to go :(!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

pvakelly wrote: »
    The ploughing seems really great! Pity us Dubliners don't seem to go :(!
    I love the ploughing :O I've gone like every year since I was 5 :O Go next year, I think it's in Laois again so it's not too far :D

By the way everyone! Found a really good website if your ever stuck with your language homework! www.wordreference.com.
    They have some really active forums and I got help translating some really obscure phrases for my French essay! :)

• Advertisement

Out of interest, how does one become the 'Ploughing Champion'? I saw it in some tabloid saying "blah blah blah" is this years Champion

I think there's ploughing matches or something :L I've been to the ploughing 11 years and never once have I actually seen any ploughing :rolleyes:

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I think there's ploughing matches or something :L I've been to the ploughing 11 years and never once have I actually seen any ploughing :rolleyes:
    True That! :pac:

Does anyone have to do a bleep test in PE? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Does anyone have to do a bleep test in PE? :eek:

I did that last year... IT WAS NOT NICE.

• Advertisement

MomijiHime wrote: »

Yeah we've to do it every year and out lovely PE teacher decided to surprise it with us today! :0 happy enough though -> 9.3 :0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

What's a bleep test :confused: I don't do PE anymore, it would fu*k up my timetable

• Registered Users Posts: 23 74trinity

The test involves running continuously between two points that are 20 m apart from side to side. These runs are synchronized with laptop software, which plays bleeps at set intervals. As the test proceeds, the interval between each successive beep reduces, forcing the athlete to increase their speed over the course of the test, until it is impossible to keep in sync with the recording

MomijiHime wrote: »

Agreed :) ! We had ours last week but I was out, so luckily I missed it!
    Just out of interest, what do you guys do for PE? Its fairly informal in our school, going something along the lines of " alright lads, what do you want to do today?", which is usually followed by a chorus of FOOTBALL! He never listens to them though and always asks us (the ones who hate football) what we want to do instead :) he's fairly sound, and always lets us play squash when everone else plays football :)
    It seems really serious in other schools though! For instance, my cousin is graded on PE!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Jijsaw wrote: »
    What's a bleep test :confused: I don't do PE anymore, it would fu*k up my timetable
    I got 9:1 on it, which is one of the best in my class :D. We're doing it again after Mid-Term, aiming to get 12+.

Our PE teacher decided he would make us all do the bleep test in our PE class on monday, the first day back to school after our 120km cycle. Needless to say we were all pretty tired and so argued for ages with him until eventually he decided we wud have it on Thursday instead and then we just played Basketball, different from our usual football playing class :P As for your question, no PE isn't done all seriously in our school

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

PE? Haha.. We do feck all so I have stopped even bringing in my stuff... The teacher doesn't care so its grand for me.
    3 × 40 minute classes of doing nothing!

We're going on our 3 day trip to Carlingford Monday week.. That should be great :D

Also just got an email from my TY coordinator saying that the trip that we go on for cycling into school 15 days or more out of 20 is Paintballing! also he says its all free and we get a bus there and get 400 paintballs, should be amazing :D

Bluestrike wrote: »
    Also just got an email from my TY coordinator saying that the trip that we go on for cycling into school 15 days or more out of 20 is Paintballing! also he says its all free and we get a bus there and get 400 paintballs, should be amazing :D

You email your teacher? :o

We're going paintball too because the place nearest to us is just in Laois

Does anyone care to bring me paintballing? :(

• Advertisement

My maths teacher (old form teacher) is bringing us paintballing tomorrow! But since he's no longer our form teacher, he cam bring just the maths class! Everone else is raging :)!!!

Ugh I hate PE -.- We're the only TY class that has two single classes on two different days rather than one double! It's horrible! To make it worse, our class has been chosen by the NCA to essentially be Guinea Pigs for the new LC PE curriculum they want to bring in! We get homework and have portfolios and there's a test at the end and it's all a punch of pooeyness xD I always have and always will hate pe :mad:

The bleep test though, that is horrible xD

Ugh I hate PE -.- We're the only TY class that has two single classes on two different days rather than one double! It's horrible! To make it worse, our class has been chosen by the NCA to essentially be Guinea Pigs for the new LC PE curriculum they want to bring in! We get homework and have portfolios and there's a test at the end and it's all a punch of pooeyness xD I always have and always will hate pe :mad:

Wow... My pe teacher is a Kerry man. I don't do pe.. I just don't. We have a triple once every two weeks.

That sounds interesting! Is it basically biology? I have triple PE tomorrow for my last three classes :D

You email your teacher? :o

We're going paintball too because the place nearest to us is just in Laois

No, we get all the newslatters and stuff from his email/the schools email. At the start of the year we all signed up on the website and it put our emails in the database so thats how he tells us the stuff going on

That sounds interesting! Is it basically biology? I have triple PE tomorrow for my last three classes :D
    I wish it was like Biology! :O It's nothing like it! It's all about researching games and looking at tactics and learning to make drills and video analysis and blah, blah! It's crap! We get a certificate at the end of it though so might as well make a go of it :O

Work experience tomorrow! Well today...
    Them going to Louth Monday week for our 3 day trip, can't wait!!

I have my driver theory test later today which we have to do for one of my subjects this module. Hopefully i can get at least 35 out of 40 to pass but i usually pass when i do a mock test....

Starting my two week work experience placement tomorrow :D. I don't know what to expect!

• Advertisement

Starting my two week work experience placement tomorrow :D. I don't know what to expect!

Where are you doing it?

Advertisement