Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springer spaniels

• 19-06-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Is there many springer spaniel owners on here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

Yes, i have one........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

yes again i have 5 and have had springers for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Kilmac1 wrote: »
    Is there many springer spaniel owners on here?

Hi Kilmac1 welcome to the forum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I have 1... Fabulous dogs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Yep have a 7 month old male, Harvey! great dogs!

• Advertisement

We have 2 crazy mofo's

We have 2 crazy mofo's

ya would have to agree some can be such balls of energy but their great dogs for a family great with kids as well in 30 odd years ive never seen 1 to be any way aggressive

jimf wrote: »
    ya would have to agree some can be such balls of energy but their great dogs for a family great with kids as well in 30 odd years ive never seen 1 to be any way aggressive

Yeah they are great dogs. My last one i had for 15 years. The 2 we have now are my partners. They are such happy dogs. At times so happy they cant even walk straight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Immolation

My family have had 5 or 6 over the years.
    One of those breeds once you have one you never want to change.
    Can be very athletic, I've seen one jump an 8 foot wall to escape a garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭carav10

Have a springer/collie cross, she's more springer than collie. Plays a great game of football! Directs it back to me for it to be kicked off again, knows to bounce it off things to get a header (and also to duck her head so she doesn't get it flung back at her!), she'd run rings around some footballers :-)
    Pure nuts....she also loves chasing a rabbit scent trail, yips mad from pure joy. Their energy can be a handful to manage but a brilliant fun dog, always happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kilmac1

Good to know there are plenty of owners on here :) heres a picture of my wee dog Sam and my other border collie badger.

2011-11-26140930.jpg

IMG00100-20120714-1541.jpg

Kilmac1 wrote: »
    Good to know there are plenty of owners on here :) heres a picture of my wee dog Sam and my other border collie badger.

2011-11-26140930.jpg

IMG00100-20120714-1541.jpg

fab looking dogs and look so healthy bit of a jedward pedigree in sam id say love the hair style

jimf wrote: »
    fab looking dogs and look so healthy bit of a jedward pedigree in sam id say love the hair style
    Yeah they get plenty of exercise and very happy dogs, everybody comments on his hair style sorta want to get a few pups but its hard to get a bitch for him.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

carav10 wrote: »
    Have a springer/collie cross, she's more springer than collie. Plays a great game of football! Directs it back to me for it to be kicked off again, knows to bounce it off things to get a header (and also to duck her head so she doesn't get it flung back at her!)

I think I speak for more than myself when I insist on you posting a video of this :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

Lovely, lovey dogs, Kilmac1. I'm a big fan of Springers and gun dogs in general. I have two English Setters.

I can't think where you got the name Badger though. ;)

Lovely, lovey dogs, Kilmac1. I'm a big fan of Springers and gun dogs in general. I have two English Setters.

I can't think where you got the name Badger though. ;)

Sam was a stray when he was a pup and my great uncle (god bless him) took him in he's gun shy as even a door banging will send him under the table but hes one of the happiest dogs ive seen.

Id say it was an easy decision ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Pabmac

Have a springer/collie cross, she's more springer than collie. Plays a great game of football! Directs it back to me for it to be kicked off again, knows to bounce it off things to get a header (and also to duck her head so she doesn't get it flung back at her!), she'd run rings around some footballers :-)
    Pure nuts....she also loves chasing a rabbit scent trail, yips mad from pure joy. Their energy can be a handful to manage but a brilliant fun dog, always happy!

I had a springer crossed with an english setter. Beautiful, wonderful, fantastic, mad, energetic, crazy, so loving and obedient, sometimes (my fault really, cause I gave in to his demands). He's not with us any longer but I'd have him back in a milli second. He was my first dog, totally loyal, loving and as I said energetic. And he was a house dog too. I believe dogs need company and not a lover of them living out doors totally. Needlesstosay I'm not very house proud.

Have too dachsies now, totally different dogs. They have a lovely life, and me, too. Don't need as much exercise though ........ thanfully :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

We have 1 pure pet... Great companions

DBB wrote: »
    I think I speak for more than myself when I insist on you posting a video of this :-)

Let me cut my grass first & I'll take a new video :-) Her skills have improved since the last one I took lol ;-)

DBB wrote: »

Well DBB, here you go.... it's a bit long but how could I cut it short!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZDYbE79e8&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Absolutely brilliant!!! What a fantastic form of exercise for her :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

BRILLIANT!!! my scamp does this - though not as well - but he gets really over excited and starts screaming at the ball - any neighbours must think someone or something is being murdered in our garden!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Aw, thanks so much! That was well worth waiting for!
    A great feelgood video!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Too cute!! :D

Just had some really crappy news but that made me laugh out loud.

Toulouse wrote: »
    Too cute!! :D

Just had some really crappy news but that made me laugh out loud.

Good :-) I was trying not to laugh at her all through the video & especially when she got in the paddling pool as I'd only just brought that home knowing she'd love it. She'd be happier if it was a mudpit but we won't be going there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Yup, absolutely LOVE Springer Spaniels :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I LOVE Springers. There have been a fair few dogs over the last 30 years in my family but we got a Springer for the first time 4 years ago. She was one year old and a rescue dog. She is so affectionate it is unreal. The most placid dog going and she has boundless energy. We live out in the country so she gets loads of space to run around. She is also as mad as a box of frogs

Anyway this is Goldie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Good :-) I was trying not to laugh at her all through the video & especially when she got in the paddling pool as I'd only just brought that home knowing she'd love it. She'd be happier if it was a mudpit but we won't be going there!

I actually mentioned the impressive silence from you to the person I was watching the clip with!

Anytime I take videos of my dogs I can always be heard giggling and prattling on to them in the background.

She looked so delighted with her paddling pool, so sweet!

Toulouse wrote: »
    I actually mentioned the impressive silence from you to the person I was watching the clip with!

Anytime I take videos of my dogs I can always be heard giggling and prattling on to them in the background.

She looked so delighted with her paddling pool, so sweet!

LOL, she loves it, I got home from work yesterday and she was all wet so she definitely makes use of it. And the lengths I had to go to to get it as they're completely sold out where I am! The last place I called into, the shop assistant mentioned she'd put the last one away for her own dog, and as I was walking away I thought to ask her if it was a one half or a two halves so I got her to sell me the other half! The other dog couldn't give a toss, she just wants to drink from it. I always have a good laugh at her playing with the ball, we have a great game usually and it's very handy if I haven't been able to take her for her usual walk, a few laps around the garden and she'll sleep happily.

The other game we have is, she lies down at the top of the stairs, and then nudges a tennis ball over the step so it hops hops all the way down to me, she runs down after it, runs back up the stairs with it, lies down, nudges it over....hop hop and you get the picture. She's hilarious, I get great entertainment from her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Also very proud owner of a Springer! Best, most fabulous dogs ever!

Advertisement