Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Lions Test - Saturday 22nd June

Options
  • 19-06-2013 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Going to watch this game somewhere near Balham/Clapham on Saturday.
    I'm on my own so wondered if anyone wanted to meet up and cheer on the Lions against the Australians?
    I was thinking of the Alexandria (sp?) opposite Clapham Common tube station.
    If anyone has any better suggestions please go ahead. I'm easy ;)

Anyway, game kicks off at 11am was gonna try and get in there from about 10.30am. Post in here if interested!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Would normally but I'm out Friday night so I'll likey be hanging and wont move from the house. Dont want to say yes and not show up. If I'm feeling up for it that morning I'll check to see if you are still planning to go.

Not really a fan of the Alexandria either, have you though about the bedford or the Regent? The regent is the best by far imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Zippy1991

Yeah, It's actually easier for me as I live off Bedford hill.
    Don't think the Bedford have Sky Sports though.

I'll go to the Regent if you fancy was just trying to widen the potential scope by suggesting somewhere more central for the Clapham heads.

I do agree re the Alex. however I suspect the atmosphere there would be pretty good, although the Regent is a much superior bar!

I'll update in here on Saturday morning in any event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I might be up for it. Ill know more tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I would be up for this too! Would be good to watch it with a nice crowd.

Cool
    Well, will we decide on a venue tomorrow.
    As I say, I'm going along anyway so I'll post in here tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

Was in the Alex for the Reds game. Was grand but they weren't doing breakfasts which was a bit annoying. Though they did allow us to bring in food from a cafe. Watching in an English mate's house tomorrow in the spirit of unity, and so we can start bitching about the Welsh if it all goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'd happily wander down to The Regent if there was enough interest to book a table .

Cheers for the info on the Alex mate.

I'm thinking the Regent on the basis that they say on their website that they do a breakfast and Bloody Mary ;)

Shall I book a table or shoudl we just rock up, anyone that's interested.

As I said I'm going to head down at around 10.15-10.30 so let me know if you want my number or whatever on a PM?

Ok im in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Zippy1991 wrote: »
    Cheers for the info on the Alex mate.

I'm thinking the Regent on the basis that they say on their website that they do a breakfast and Bloody Mary ;)

Shall I book a table or shoudl we just rock up, anyone that's interested.

As I said I'm going to head down at around 10.15-10.30 so let me know if you want my number or whatever on a PM?
    Yeah, I'd happily go down for a bit of breakfast and to watch the game. I've no idea how busy it'd be for a early game like that though and whether booking a table is necessary.

Will send you a PM.

• Advertisement

Ok I'll be in the Regent tomorrow from 10.15-10.30
    I'll be the one with the big Irish head on me :D

I just woke up. Oops!

caught the second half in my local.

Close call.

Hey,

Just an update here.
    Myself, Dave and helpwanted met up in the Regent.
    It was absolutely packed. But decent atmosphere. We probably should have booked a table.
    Anyway myself and Dave are both away this weekend but I think helpwanted was on about heading in again this Saturday if there's any interest.

All three of us said we'd be on for the 3rd test in two weeks, which still stands from my end although there was a good few pints on board at that stage. :-)

Good craic meeting up with the lads, seem sound fellas, so the more the merrier welcome I'm sure!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm in London for the Lions game tomorrow if anyone's around? Any tips for good places to go?

I'm in London for the Lions game tomorrow if anyone's around? Any tips for good places to go?

Ive just stuck to my local again. Meeting for the beers later so need to pace myself!

Advertisement