Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zucchinis in Navan

Options
  • 19-06-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi. I am planning a hen night in meath for this weekend. I have booked zucchinis restaurant for Saturday night. I am just wondering if this restaurant is in the town centre or will we need to get taxis from the restaurant to the town to the bars?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

It's not in town, it's about 1.5km walk to The Palace (nightclub) which is in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

It's not in town, it's about 1.5km walk to The Palace (nightclub) which is in town!

Thanks. Have no interest in a night club but am hoping there are some good bars around.. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Think you'll find that Blackcastle is part of Navan town lol but I'd recommend a taxi from there to the town centre.

As for bars, Ryans and the central are quite good, Palace bar is ok too, the club's upstairs if you want to go or you can stay late in the bar as it's open late.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

the round o bar is about 5 min walk (in heels) from zuichinnis and its always fairly lively

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭bladespin

Make sure to try the chicken wings OP :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

the palace piano bar or the central bar are good craic on the weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Zucchinis is about a 15 min walk to the Palace....

Can't recommend anywhere else to go to, the aforementioned pubs are the pick of the town!

I'd normally go to the Newgrange and have the choice of the residents bar or Rowleys but that's not an option at the weekends :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭knotknowbody

Zucchinis to town is probably a bit far in heels, if you walk you could make a pit-stop in The Round-O, its about half way. Other pubs that I go to in addition to those already mentioned are The Royal and Beggy's.

Both tend to have a slightly older (30ish and up) group of people and more couples than the likes of Ryans. The Palace is the only club or late bar, don't go to solar it is full of very young adults and not quite adults allegedly.

Thanks for all the suggestions. We started in the round O and ended in the palace! It's been a while since I was in a nite club doing jaeger bombs!!! Good Craic though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

That wasnt your hen group walking down by the maxol station on fri or sat night on the main road ....cant remember :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

photo.php?fbid=641494175863542&set=a.165505786795719.35067.165116663501298&type=1&theater

one of you didn't loose a shoe on sat? Pic posted on round o fb page

Ha ha no to both of the above! Tbh if you passed us you wouldn't have thought it was a hen,just a group of girls! No neon willys or bride to be sashes!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

cant26 wrote: »
    Ha ha no to both of the above! Tbh if you passed us you wouldn't have thought it was a hen,just a group of girls! No neon willys or bride to be sashes!!!!

Classy birds? ;) Hope you enjoyed Navan!

Advertisement