Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Cork Soccor team Barrackton

Options
  • 19-06-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Turns out I found the pic I was looking for. It was in the HollyBough of 1994 and the team name was Barrackton and not Lansdowne as I had been told.
    Thanks to those who forwarded Plunkett Carter's name. It was by searching through his book that I found Barrackton had won the Munster Junior Cup in 1912/1913, which was where my Great grandfather was from. Then I told the guy at the desk in the Local Studies of the central library that I was looking for a publication from about 20 years ago and a quick search by him turned up the hollybough article. They were very helpful.
    So now I have a photocopy of p42 of the '94 Hollybough. I'm wondering though if anyone else would have any pics of this team from the era or if someone could help me get my hands on the original of this photo.
    The article was done by a gent called Willy Cotter and he also referenced the work of Sylvester O'Sullivan (I think- I'll have to check the second name). It was written 20 years ago so I don't know if either of these gentlemen are still in Cork.
    If anyone has any info on Barrackton from 1912 or so I'd love to hear.
    Thanks to all.

Advertisement