Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need advice fast?

Options
  • 20-06-2013 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

Hi all about a month ago I started renting a house off an estate agent myself partner and 3 kids now to really bad circumstances and violence were not together and I moved to my parents and hes gone to his to sort out his life.

So I went to them to say I couldnt keep the house and they said it was a fixed term lease and I couldnt rent is 175 a week my partner was working and paying it I am a stay at home mum now ive given the keys back and he rang me saying he was onto the prtb and ive to pay it until they find a new tenant but im only after realising that the day the lease was signed by my partner I couldnt be there and the secretary signed my name is the lease now void anyone with advice would be greatly appretiated.

Oh also ive been told I wont get deposit back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

hollster2 wrote: »
    Hi all about a month ago I started renting a house off an estate agent myself partner and 3 kids now to really bad circumstances and violence were not together and I moved to my parents and hes gone to his to sort out his life.

So I went to them to say I couldnt keep the house and they said it was a fixed term lease and I couldnt rent is 175 a week my partner was working and paying it I am a stay at home mum now ive given the keys back and he rang me saying he was onto the prtb and ive to pay it until they find a new tenant but im only after realising that the day the lease was signed by my partner I couldnt be there and the secretary signed my name is the lease now void anyone with advice would be greatly appretiated.

Oh also ive been told I wont get deposit back.
    As you have not signed the lease you can't be bound by any terms it may contain. If you paid a deposit you should get that back in full once there is no damage to the property but if the deposit was paid by your partner it may be up to him to look for that back as you would not be entitled to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

foggy_lad wrote: »
    As you have not signed the lease you can't be bound by any terms it may contain. If you paid a deposit you should get that back in full once there is no damage to the property but if the deposit was paid by your partner it may be up to him to look for that back as you would not be entitled to it.

It will be hard to claim a deposit back on a lease you didn't sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

I paid the deposit personall so what to do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

If you are not signed on the lease then I'm not really sure what you can do. I suspect it's your partner that needs to sort this out (the only way he is going to be able to keep the deposit is if he looks to reassign the lease to someone else).

I would strongly advise you to contact Threshold and see what advice they can give you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Hollster2 ignore all the advice given here other than to contact Threshold.

Get on to them immediately if you haven't already and they will help you with what sounds like a very difficult situation. Best of Luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Hollster2 ignore all the advice given here other than to contact Threshold.

Get on to them immediately if you haven't already and they will help you with what sounds like a very difficult situation. Best of Luck.

Ty very much ill get onto it first thing

Advertisement