Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else not want children?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Are you for real?

Jesus man, I really hope you are never in the position where a family member is getting news that they have motor neuron disease or incurable cancer. Sure I'm sure you will reassure them by saying, "well sis/bro, could be worse, at least you're not having a baby! Lucky break for you , wha?"

You'd wanna adjust your attitude.

Some people are going to use hyperbole when talking about issues like this. It's really up to you whether you choose to take offence or not. You could just ignore it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I really really want them. I'd have one now if I could, the lack of man in my life makes it a bit more difficult though. :o
    Its a deal breaker for me and not something I'd be willing to compromise on.

Yeah that's the thing with them innit, you can't really compromise and half have a kid.

I've never wanted them and always been upfront about that with partners. My OH is more ambivalent about it, leaning more strongly towards no whenever he has to be around small kids :pac:

Like another poster said I'd be open to step parenthood, but intending to be in this for the long haul so moot point. Far as I know.

If it came down to it I don't know if I'd cave to keep the relationship, I'd hope not but who knows. Be a nice solid foundation for the kid anyway, that seems like the basis for juuust enough emotional trauma that they'd turn out funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Neither me or Mrs Moose can have kids. We are now at an age now where we could be not bothered jumping through all the hoops of Tulsa. The little hitlers will probably say we are now too old in any event.

Being told you do not meet their criteria for fertility treatment does not inspire confidence in any Irish doctors. Yet they allow the underclasses to breed unrestricted. Fcuk 'em all.

Ah well, everything to the cats home in the will.

Being told you do not meet their criteria for fertility treatment does not inspire confidence in any Irish doctors. Yet they allow the underclasses to breed unrestricted. Fcuk 'em all.

God, with that winning personality, I thought you would have been a shoe-in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Trump Is Right

Be a nice solid foundation for the kid anyway, that seems like the basis for juuust enough emotional trauma that they'd turn out funny.

Yeah don't become a parent... good call. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Didn't want any kids or anything to do with them til my mid 20's. Now I couldn't bear life without my son and would love more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yeah don't become a parent... good call. :p

I feel like I could really turn out a couple of good comedians or literary novelists. I mean yes, at some point they probably would say to a therapist "it would have been easier to deal with if she had just hit me" but I'd definitely get a carefully worded thank you in some kind of awards acceptance speech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I don't think a doctor is present for every caravan conception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

seamus wrote: »
    I mean this in all seriousness and with no malice intended, that you should probably go see a therapist for your confidence issues.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting kids, but being so terrified that you're too inept to have kids that you would rather die instead, sounds like a deeper problem to me.

i have no problems regarding confidence pal, if i did have children i would be well able to look after them, i run my own business and make a very good living, i have been in a long term relationship in the past where the woman had a child, i got on great with the child but i suppose the child wasn't mine, i have a nephew who im very fond of etc but I just dont want my own kids, there is nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

pgj2015 wrote: »
    i have no problems regarding confidence pal, if i did have children i would be well able to look after them, i run my own business and make a very good living, i have been in a long term relationship in the past where the woman had a child, i got on great with the child but i suppose the child wasn't mine, i have a nephew who im very fond of etc but I just dont want my own kids, there is nothing wrong with that.
    That's not what you said earlier.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    That's not what you said earlier.

:rolleyes:

Go back and read it again. where did I say I had some sort of confidence issues regarding having kids?

I don't want the responsibility of having kids, not because I lack confidence in raising kids. I enjoy my life as it is, I don't want children to change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Western Lowland Gorilla

Even if I wanted one, I can't afford a cat, let alone a flippin child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Go back and read it again. where did I say I had some sort of confidence issues regarding having kids?

I don't want the responsibility of having kids, not because I lack confidence in raising kids. I enjoy my life as it is, I don't want children to change it.
    I am 35 and am definitely never having kids. I couldn't cope with the fact i would be responsible for another human being for 18 years.

I think that 2nd post is what Seamus is referring to. Misunderstanding your phrase "couldn't cope" possibly.

Are you for real?

Jesus man, I really hope you are never in the position where a family member is getting news that they have motor neuron disease or incurable cancer. Sure I'm sure you will reassure them by saying, "well sis/bro, could be worse, at least you're not having a baby! Lucky break for you , wha?"

You'd wanna adjust your attitude.

The line in bold is funny but maybe it is you who should adjust your attitude as we just have differing points of view, no reason why i should adjust my attitude,i am very happy with my life, if you said you wanted 100 kids i wouldnt care so you shouldnt care about my attitude towards children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Besides, having some horrible little runt for 18 years could easily be compared with having a terminal illness. At least with a terminal illness you get painkillers and a possible end date! :P
    Stay classy.

The talk of illnesses is highly inappropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

The line in bold is funny but maybe it is you who should adjust your attitude as we just have differing points of view, no reason why i should adjust my attitude,i am very happy with my life, if you said you wanted 100 kids i wouldnt care so you shouldnt care about my attitude towards children.

Like you, I have no interest whatsoever in having kids. I couldn't be dealing with the stress and hassle of them. No way.

You and I are both perfectly entitled to not want kids and not be shamed for it.

But what I do find offensive and object to is your flippant attitude with respect to preferring a terminal illness over a baby. If you had someone in your family who was given months to live and was about to die decades before their time then you would understand the extreme upset and grief these conditions cause to family and friends and you mightn't be quite so quick off the mark with your witty little quips and jokes about how a terminal illness is preferable to a having child. :mad::mad:

I've had a first cousin die at the age of 31 8 months after an ALS diagnosis and my father from cancer that had spread to his liver, lung and brain before it was detected.

I'd be ashamed to ever say such a thing even if my cousin and father were still with us. Fúck sake, shut your mouth, you're a disgrace.

I sincerely hope such a situation never occurs in your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Western Lowland Gorilla

Like you, I have no interest whatsoever in having kids. I couldn't be dealing with the stress and hassle of them. No way.

You and I are both perfectly entitled to not want kids and not be shamed for it.

But what I do find offensive and object to is your flippant attitude with respect to preferring a terminal illness over a baby. If you had someone in your family who was given months to live and was about to die decades before their time then you would understand the extreme upset and grief these conditions cause to family and friends and you mightn't be quite so quick off the mark with your witty little quips and jokes about how a terminal illness is preferable to a having child. :mad::mad:

I've had a first cousin die at the age of 31 8 months after an ALS diagnosis and my father from cancer that had spread to his liver, lung and brain before it was detected.

I'd be ashamed to ever say such a thing even if my cousin and father were still with us. Fúck sake, shut your mouth, you're a disgrace.

I get the impression that they didn't want to back down from their initial remark and fought back against the replies.

Definitely ott but I don't think they reeeallly mean it.

Think the initial remark was off the cuff and now they are immaturely just arguing for the sake of it, not wanting to back down.

Anyway, back on topic.. Kids.. No thanks but each to their own..

Relax the kacks, lad. You're working yourself into a frenzy over a stranger on the internet. You should probably take a break from the internet.

I get the impression that they didn't want to back down from their initial remark and fought back against the replies.

Definitely ott but I don't think they reeeallly mean it.

Think the initial remark was off the cuff and now they are immaturely just arguing for the sake of it, not wanting to back down.
    Definitely. And if a person is gonna use the "I'm just expressing my view" line, well yes of course, and those who voice their objection are also just expressing their view.

• Advertisement

Relax the kacks, lad. You're working yourself into a frenzy over a stranger on the internet. You should probably take a break from the internet.
    You're being a bit dismissive imo. Some things are just sh1tty things to say, internet stranger or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Im sorry for your tragic stories but I feel like you are just looking for reasons to be offended.

An internet stranger says theyd rather a terminal illness than a baby. Its not a personal attack on you or your relatives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Trump Is Right

Throwing a hissy-fit just because you can't force everyone to see things your way is a bit immature...

Do you think you are the only one who has dealt with tragedy in their life? The entire world has to deal with ****ty things... not just YOU! Not everyone reacts to these things the same way as you. And people are entitled to react how they wish.

For some people, there are worse fates than disease and death... you may not believe that, but it's true!

I would much prefer a miserable death, rather than a miserable life...

At least at the end of some horrible disease, you get to die! Sweet relief... where as a miserable life is much longer... it goes on for a lifetime!! (literally) :p

If someone wants to compare raising kids, as a fate worse than disease and death FOR THEM... then that's their opinion. They are entitled to it. You don't get to control other people's opinion, by throwing a tantrum!

Throwing a hissy-fit just because you can't force everyone to see things your way is a bit immature...

Do you think you are the only one who has dealt with tragedy in their life? The entire world has to deal with ****ty things... not just YOU! Not everyone reacts to these things the same way as you. And people are entitled to react how they wish.

For some people, there are worse fates than disease and death... you may not believe that, but it's true!

I would much prefer a miserable death, rather than a miserable life...

At least at the end of some horrible disease, you get to die! Sweet relief... where as a miserable life is much longer... it goes on for a lifetime!! (literally) :p

If someone wants to compare raising kids, as a fate worse than disease and death FOR THEM... then that's their opinion. They are entitled to it. You don't get to control other people's opinion, by throwing a tantrum!
    Nobody's trying to control anyone. They are voicing their opinion also, nothing more.

Nobody can possibly know that they'd prefer terminal illness to having a child. And more than likely would prefer to live, even with a child on the way.

I think this has taken a very dark turn. Can we not just go back to the financial burden etc. and leave these very subjective and strong opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I’m nearly 34. Don’t want kids and neither does my bf. I’m terrified of regretting it when it’s too late, which is a very likely possibility. But for me that’s not a good enough reason to have one.

If you are terrified of regretting it you could look into freezing your eggs for a later date if you change your mind. Adoption is also an option.

Everybody has the right to decide on whether they want children or not. If you have an issue with that choice, you are an ignorant so and so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

I'm not trying to control your opinion. Have whatever the fúk opinion you like. Just know that if you have an unpopular opinion you might get called out on it. And I'm calling you out on your immature and insensitive comparisons and your even more immature defence of the indefencible.

I don't give a crap whether you have kids or not but it is not cool to make quips and jokes about terminal illnesses.

You know, with views like yours it is probably for the best that you do not have a child. You'd be an unfit parent.

You must be very young.

...it is not cool to make quips and jokes about terminal illnesses.

You are not the gatekeeper of humour.

Step away from the internet and have a lie down or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ush1 wrote: »
    *citation needed

Source: am asshole

• Advertisement

You're being a bit dismissive imo. Some things are just sh1tty things to say, internet stranger or not.

Aye, I am being dismissive because a stupid hyperbolic comment like that made by a complete stranger was best ignored. Listing all the people you know that died of terminal illnesses just to show how offended you are is a tad OTT imo. If a comment like that is enough to set you off, I would think some counselling would be in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Personally I don't get why people think its so hard and so difficult to raise kids , its not really at all ,

The fact we are all here 200 thousand years later kind of confirms that ,

Before ye all start , I know I know there's a housing crisis

Has anyone noticed young in Dublin people now all wear designer clothes , jackets worth a grand , t-shirts worth 250 euro , runner worth 300 euro , New mobiles worth a grand , its endless, then complain about rent and housing (which I know is bad but you have to laugh at some of them )

My parent generations in there 70's now all lived happy life's with a roof over there head food on the table and clothes on there back, you'd be wearing hand me downs from your older brother till you had your own job, No holidays abroad every year , no credit cards or car debts , only money they would dare own was there mortgage. Just happy with what they could actually afford,

Times have changed

If a comment like that is enough to set you off, I would think some counselling would be in order.
    And that's OTT too! It's hardly a sign they need counselling.

People are always going off on one here - for lesser things. Why single this guy out?

Yeah likely just an off the cuff remark (and very tasteless) but the other guy is still only voicing his opinion, not controlling anyone or in need of counselling.

And I don't think the guy who said he would prefer to have only six months to live needs counselling either.

Personally I don't get why people think its so hard and so difficult to raise kids , its not really at all ,

The fact we are all here 200 thousand years later kind of confirms that ,

You are comparing something at an individual level to something at a population level.

And from a past that had unreliable contraception and more narrowly defined roles for men and women.

Even just one generation ago my mother didnt want to have kids but she had no other choices available to her in life except to get married and have kids.

So just because people were having kids, doesnt mean they wanted to or didnt find it difficult.

I dont want kids, never did. I am the first in a long line of women who can actually make the choice not to and have the contraception available to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm not trying to control your opinion. Have whatever the fúk opinion you like. Just know that if you have an unpopular opinion you might get called out on it. And I'm calling you out on your immature and insensitive comparisons and your even more immature defence of the indefencible.

I don't give a crap whether you have kids or not but it is not cool to make quips and jokes about terminal illnesses.

You know, with views like yours it is probably for the best that you do not have a child. You'd be an unfit parent.

You must be very young.

Look that poster is probably exaggerating it but it's really that much of a fear for people. I mean, we've had people take their own life over an unwanted pregnancy, it's a huge burden. I love my kids to bits but if I found out I was pregnant it would feel like the end of the world, it would be the end of life as I know it. I'm not surprised it has such a visceral reaction from some people. At least we now have options and choices, something previous generations were denied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I am 35 and am definitely never having kids. I couldn't cope with the fact i would be responsible for another human being for 18 years.

I would rather be told i have 6 months to live than to be told i was going to become a dad.

Fair play to you for being honest. And pay no heed to the arrogant posters who have since diagnosed you as inept and in need of counselling.

Personally I would put up with rearing a child rather than dying in 6 months, but I have stated before that I would find a positive pregnancy test as devastating to me as a major health condition diagnosis.

I am not inept, not in need of counselling, not messed up in the head and not dead inside.

We just have no desire whatsoever to have children and would be absolutely devastated to discover that we were to have one, so we take care not to.

If you can't understand or accept that some people are perfectly healthy and sane, but don't want kids, then maybe you are completely inept and in need of counselling...

• Advertisement

• I think lack of fertility in western countries is down to women developing a career, and putting off family plans until their thirties. Its actually much safer and healthier for women to have children in their twenties. Personally I think you need to be in a stable relationship before having children, because its much healthier for children to grow up with both parents. As women age in their thirties I think its less likely that they will fulfill their plans in having children. In the mean time we get more and more immigrants to fill the gap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I used to like the idea of having kids, but the older I get and the more I ponder the reality of it, the less it appeals to me. And I'm a very careful man, Father. A very careful man. Especially when it comes to taking precautions in the bedroom.

I'd prefer to get a dog, tbh. A nice big Golden Retriever.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Fair play to you for being honest. And pay no heed to the arrogant posters who have since diagnosed you as inept and in need of counselling.

Personally I would put up with rearing a child rather than dying in 6 months, but I have stated before that I would find a positive pregnancy test as devastating to me as a major health condition diagnosis.

I am not inept, not in need of counselling, not messed up in the head and not dead inside.

We just have no desire whatsoever to have children and would be absolutely devastated to discover that we were to have one, so we take care not to.

If you can't understand or accept that some people are perfectly healthy and sane, but don't want kids, then maybe you are completely inept and in need of counselling...
    Isn't it more the way he said he would rather find out he's dying that people take issue with rather than his not wanting children. Not sure it's necessary to say that in order to show honesty here. Numerous others have said they don't wish to have children.
    I think lack of fertility in western countries is down to women developing a career, and putting off family plans until their thirties. Its actually much safer and healthier for women to have children in their twenties. Personally I think you need to be in a stable relationship before having children, because its much healthier for children to grow up with both parents. As women age in their thirties I think its less likely that they will fulfill their plans in having children. In the mean time we get more and more immigrants to fill the gap...
    Many many women (most I'd say) are continuing to have children - and in their 30s with no bother at all.

Which is more ideal - a married or coupled woman with an education and work experience behind her having two or three children when she is between 32 and 36, or a woman with just some secondary education, not in a steady relationship, hardly any work experience, and five children between the ages of 18 and 25? I mean the second one has had children at the healthiest time to have them hasn't she?

(I know those aren't the only two possible scenarios).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

My mother had a saying.
    If the man had the first child and the woman had the second child, there wouldn't be a third one.

• Many many women (most I'd say) are continuing to have children - and in their 30s with no bother at all.

Yes but fertility declines after 30 and rapidly declines after 35. Yes still their having children but the chances of complications increases.

Which is more ideal - a married or coupled woman with an education and work experience behind her having two or three children when she is between 32 and 36, or a woman with just some secondary education, not in a steady relationship, hardly any work experience, and five children between the ages of 18 and 25? I mean the second one has had children at the healthiest time to have them hasn't she?

(I know those aren't the only two possible scenarios).
    Of course the second scenario is more ideal. But my point was that with the mindset of waiting till 30s to have children and settle down, that it would be less likely to happen as its a smaller window, might not be able to find a partner, might hot have the desire anymore. Where as if women had that mindset in their twenties, its more likely to happen, more likely to find a like minded partner. Something that can happen with age (as from previous posts here) is that people lose interest in that idea, as they get older. They want to continue living with the freedom they had in their twenties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I was early 20s when it happened to me.

I didn't want kids, she didn't want kids but it happened.

I went to my Dad and he told me to get my arse in gear . Get your life in order.

I feared it for 9 months but when the day came it was magic.

My partner was in the bed and my mum was holding the baby when I entered the hospital room.

When she gave me that child to hold the tears rolled down my face, my boy, it was the proudest moment of my life.

I’m 58, never wanted kids, and glad I didn’t have them-for their own sakes as much as mine! If I had been a pRent I would have been an absolute misery of a parent ear hung over and stifling my kids development... rather like the way my anxiety-ridden Dad did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Never had a desire as a gay man to have kids. And certainly not adopted or surrogate ones. That's more a reflection of my personal desires than anything against any of those routes to parenthood.

I get that women have a natural desire to have children. I've met some woman in my life one who a number of years ago left their job in Ireland to go back to their home eastern European country to find a partner (because she couldn't find one here) and start a family. From her Facebook posts she did that fairly rapidly and I'm happy he got what she desired.

I'm glad I don't have that desire. I don't think when I'm old I need offspring or grandchildren around me. I plan to support myself to the end not just financially but emotionally as well. I've never felt needy in that way. I find the whole 'desiring offspring' thing 'genetic' which is quite obviously true. It's interesting that we don't recognize it but I suppose it's because of our high mined ideas of ourself that we're somehow higher indeed totally different from animals when in fact we are exactly the same in the nature of our procreational instincts.

Men instinctively clearly have less physical desire to have kids. In a recent 80th Birthday party of my mothers my parents were asked 'when did it all go wrong' and my dad quipped - when we started to have kids!... to much laughter. Interesting that it was my Dad who said that rather than my mom.

So clearly there are those who do and those that don't. What I don't like in this feeling I get which is that those who do treat ppl who don't as if there is something strange or 'wrong' with them. Wouldn't you think what is most wrong is ppl feeling pressurised to have kids who don't really want them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i always thought i didnt want kids. never even owned a doll apparently. as a teen got on grand with kids but could walk away ifkwim.
    my own kids id do anything for. the change to wanting them came out of nowhere. once they were a possibility nothing on this earth would have changed my mind.

the love i had for them as kids has grown as they've grown. i absolutely love their company and am so proud of them it sometimes surprises even me.
    but at the same time i under stand and respect those who choose not to have kids. the key word is 'choice'.

Yes but fertility declines after 30 and rapidly declines after 35. Yes still their having children but the chances of complications increases.
    Yes but:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109847262&postcount=321
    Of course the second scenario is more ideal. But my point was that with the mindset of waiting till 30s to have children and settle down, that it would be less likely to happen as its a smaller window, might not be able to find a partner, might hot have the desire anymore. Where as if women had that mindset in their twenties, its more likely to happen, more likely to find a like minded partner. Something that can happen with age (as from previous posts here) is that people lose interest in that idea, as they get older. They want to continue living with the freedom they had in their twenties.
    That is true but I don't think people generally choose to wait until their 30s to meet someone serious. It mostly happens whenever it happens. Waiting to have children is more of a choice And the emphasis tends to be on the women when this comes up, whereas I'd have thought the woman is more likely to be the one who wants to settle down. There's this conflicting narrative about these overly choosy career obsessed gold digging child eschewing she devils who want to trap men into marriage! :D

The stats from the U.S. about far fewer folk under 35 being in relationships now struck me as a bit alarming all right though. I think that's because of online taking over reality however - I don't think they don't want relationships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Do sperm banks do postal delivery?

"Your sperm is in the post"

....... wrote: »
    You are comparing something at an individual level to something at a population level.

And from a past that had unreliable contraception and more narrowly defined roles for men and women.

Even just one generation ago my mother didnt want to have kids but she had no other choices available to her in life except to get married and have kids.

So just because people were having kids, doesnt mean they wanted to or didnt find it difficult.

I dont want kids, never did. I am the first in a long line of women who can actually make the choice not to and have the contraception available to do so.

I never said anything about women wanting them or not that's up to yourself none of my business at all ,

Iv no say in anything you want or don't want and I'm fine with that,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Anteayer

I’d say I’ve given up on the idea at this stage. I’m male, bi and in my 30s and I just don’t see it happening anymore. It doesn’t bother me though either.

I never said anything about women wanting them or not that's up to yourself none of my business at all ,

Iv no say in anything you want or don't want and I'm fine with that,

You claimed that its not difficult to raise kids because we are all here from past generations raising kids.

I pointed out that women had little or no other choice in the past but to have kids - whether they wanted them or not.

Personally I think that was a bad thing and must have resulted in many many deeply unhappy people forced to have kids they didnt want.

I pointed out that women had little or no other choice in the past but to have kids - whether they wanted them or not.

Personally I think that was a bad thing and must have resulted in many many deeply unhappy people forced to have kids they didnt want.[/QUOTE]

Are you trying to say if women had a choice we wouldn't be here ?

I'm sure million's upon million's of women where delighted to have kids , Of course some didn't want them that's just life,

Unfortunately the world is far from perfect so some women will have kids who do not want them , but the vast majority of mothers are delighted to have there children

If you don't want kids that's fine , do what you want with your own life, its no one else's business

• Advertisement
Advertisement