Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else not want children?

18910111214»

Comments

I pointed out that women had little or no other choice in the past but to have kids - whether they wanted them or not.

Personally I think that was a bad thing and must have resulted in many many deeply unhappy people forced to have kids they didnt want.

Are you trying to say if women had a choice we wouldn't be here ?

I'm sure million's upon million's of women where delighted to have kids , Of course some didn't want them that's just life,

Unfortunately the world is far from perfect so some women will have kids who do not want them , but the vast majority of mothers are delighted to have there children

If you don't want kids that's fine , do what you want with your own life, its no one else's business[/quote]

I think ...... is trying to say that SOME women had children because they had no choice in the matter, not that given the choice they would ALL decline :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Are you trying to say if women had a choice we wouldn't be here ?

I'm sure million's upon million's of women where delighted to have kids , Of course some didn't want them that's just life,

Unfortunately the world is far from perfect so some women will have kids who do not want them , but the vast majority of mothers are delighted to have there children

If you don't want kids that's fine , do what you want with your own life, its no one else's business

No. Thats not what I said at all.

You claimed it isnt that difficult to raise children, I pointed out that there were no other choices in the past. AS AN ASIDE I also pointed out that that must have resulted in some deeply unhappy people.

Sure, some people want kids and some dont. But in the past (which is what you referred to), no one had any choices anyway. So it didnt matter if it was difficult to raise them or not.

i.e., just because we are all here doesnt mean it wasnt difficult to raise kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

....... wrote: »
    No. Thats not what I said at all.

You claimed it isnt that difficult to raise children, I pointed out that there were no other choices in the past. AS AN ASIDE I also pointed out that that must have resulted in some deeply unhappy people.

Sure, some people want kids and some dont. But in the past (which is what you referred to), no one had any choices anyway. So it didnt matter if it was difficult to raise them or not.

i.e., just because we are all here doesnt mean it wasnt difficult to raise kids.

Choice's or not aside all through history and horrific circumstances people where able to raise children , even as you said kids they had no choice in having ,

But in the year 2019 in the most pampered time in human history people claim its difficult, If you want raise kids its not difficult ,

Lets be clear we live in a first world country , its people own choices that make it difficult.

I understand there as certainty situation its difficult like if you made poor choice trough your life and don't have a job , or had an injury or born with a disability ,or have fertility issues these sort of things will make if difficult ,but for your average working Irish person if YOU Make the right decisions its not difficult to raise a child,

Again if you don't want kids then that's fair enough your own choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

What 25 year old bloke DOES want kids???

Choice's or not aside all through history and horrific circumstances people where able to raise children

But that doesnt prove it wasnt difficult.

It just means that it happened. And the reason it happened is because people couldnt stop it from happening. And it was largely a numbers game - the infant mortality rate used to be really high, people used to have dozens of children but then only end up raising a few.

History will be interesting in 500 years time when the impact of people being able to reliably choose not to have children is visible on a large scale.

You seem to be arguing that it is easier today to raise children than ever before - which I generally agree with - but mostly because life is easier for most of us today than at any other point in history when we were less civilised and didnt have antibiotics etc...

But modern living brings a different set of difficulties to the table as regards having children and perhaps in modern times, other issues that didnt exist in the past are now present which makes it more difficult for some people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

You seem to be arguing that it is easier today to raise children than ever before - which I generally agree with -

Sound sorted so :D

You seem to be arguing that it is easier today to raise children than ever before - which I generally agree with -

Sound sorted so :D

I think Im saying its easier in some ways but not in others.

But so many factors influence it its hard to know if we are comparing like with like.

Advertisement