Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

insurance quote

• 20-06-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

hi got on insurance quote today for a first bike on a provisionel. im 31 and have 5 yrs no claims on a car. is 500 a good deal for it or can it be got cheaper, this is on add on to my trade policy but will only cover me on my bike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Who is the quote with?
    What is the bike? (Make + Model + Power)
    What is the policy cover? (TPO/TPFT/Full Comp?)
    Did you call all the insurance companies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Does not matter what you have in a car licence. You will be treated as a novice when insuring a bike for the 1st time. I paid €499 fully comp for a restricted Yamaha 09 FZ6 when I started out. On a old provisional at this stage. Depends on the bike and value TBH.

At the moment having just shopped around Adelaide are by far the most competitive on the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

tradewise insurance throught a broker was the quote its an add on to my existing car policy
    no limits on bike once it meets under the power limit or above it and restricted.
    third party fire and theft.
    I tried getting quotes online and nobody would quote me was trying with a cbr 250

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

tradewise insurance throught a broker was the quote its an add on to my existing car policy
    no limits on bike once it meets under the power limit or above it and restricted.
    third party fire and theft.
    I tried getting quotes online and nobody would quote me was trying with a cbr 250

500-600 would/should see you fully comp on a bike though/via a traders policy.

And its usually 1 bike only on the policy,and it has to be your own private bike.

When you get your Full A licence (unrestricted) than you should be able to add any bike you like onto the trade policy more or less for free.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement