Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

found baby thrush

• 20-06-2013 2:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭

i just came home from work and on the road there was a cat in the middle so i flashed him to move and he stood watching something on the ground ( i dislike this cat in perticular as he does be on the roof of my hawks aviary)
    i didnt take notice but when i looked behind in the mirror it jumped so i stopped and got out
    it was a tiny little bird about 3 feet away from the cat so i got out and took him in to my house.
    he looks like a baby thrush and hasnt fully learned to fly yet.
    he is pretty relaxed now actually sittin on my shoulder and is eating some maggots i have from fishing earlier
    any advice from here?
    FC329DA9_zps2038eeb4.jpg
    08805A8A_zps7f9a16c5.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,319 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Lovely little fella. I'd say carry on as you are if you can commit to very regular feeds, and give him somewhere nice to perch.

Maybe give these guys a call in the morning...

http://www.birdwatchireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

is he a thrush? looks a bit like a baby cuckoo?? Well done you for rescuing him - our song birds are incredibly threatened.

Advertisement