Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wuxi Classic

• 20-06-2013 5:13am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can't believe there's been no shouts here about the Wuxi Classic. It's been great so far. Very high performance all round.

Summary so far:
    Reanne Evans became the first woman to get to a ranking event finals, unfortunately she lost her wild card round to Zhu Yinghui 5-2.

The first round itself sprung many surprises. Jimmy White made it through to the last 32, Pooemjang continued his form by demolishing Dominic Dale, Trump was knocked out by Li Hang, Peter Lines defeated Mark Allen, and Irelands new youngster David Morris also progressed. There was disappointment for Ken and Fergal though as they bowed out.

The second round has been quite interesting too. After Joe Perry's maiden win last week, he continued his form by beating Ding Junhui convincingly to get to the last 16. Peter Lines continued his form by defeating Higginson, and again David Morris has come up trumps convincingly to beat Gerard Greene to reach the last 16. Quite an achievement for the Irishman.

We're getting towards the sharp end and the current ties are as follows:
    ROBERT MILKINS v SCOTT DONALDSON
    MARK WILLIAMS v ANTHONY HAMILTON
    BEN WOOLLASTON v CAO YUPENG
    MARK KING v NEIL ROBERTSON
    DAVID GILBERT v JOE PERRY
    JOHN HIGGINS v XIAO GUODONG
    PETER LINES v MATTHEW STEVENS
    ALLISTER CARTER v DAVID MORRIS

Some very familiar names there but I think we'll be in for a surprise or two. Morris has drawn against a very tough player, it will be interesting to see if he has the bottle to down the Captain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Looks like Davey is about to level it up at 1-1. I wouldn't say that being beaten by a twice World Championship finalist would show a lack of bottle, to be fair to him! He's playing a very capable player, he just has to give it a go and learn from the experience of whatever happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Looks like Davey is about to level it up at 1-1. I wouldn't say that being beaten by a twice World Championship finalist would show a lack of bottle, to be fair to him! He's playing a very capable player, he just has to give it a go and learn from the experience of whatever happens.

Wins 5-4 and after watching Stevens today i fancy Moriss to beat him.

Great result. Onwards and upwards. How many times in the last five years have we had a southern Irish ranking event quarter-finalist? I think Ken has only done it three times. Has Fergal? Great achievement for Morris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Great result. Onwards and upwards. How many times in the last five years have we had a southern Irish ranking event quarter-finalist? I think Ken has only done it three times. Has Fergal? Great achievement for Morris

It's great to see a young Irishman doing well! He plays Stevens next - Stevens is not playing amazing of late so Morris should take him down, fingers crossed lads!

Just checked and Morris will be in for a £11,500 (€13,500) for his troubles for getting to the Qtrs..nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Morris 2-2 with Stevens at the interval.

Morris down 3 - 2 now.

Lost 5-2. Still, hopefully this week will bring him on a lot. Great performance

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Robertson-Higgins final, both looking good. Regardless of result, Robertson will be the World Number 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭nomoreindie

A good final, only watched it from 5-2, a great comeback by Robertson. The Chinese hosts put some effort into the award ceremony. Most entertaining player was a new one for me

• Advertisement

Morris at 95 in the world rankings now, up from 129th. Ken stays at 27, while Fergal remains at 36. Morris doesn't appear on the PTC Rankings, with Ken in 20th and Fergal in 6th.

Advertisement