Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours Kid is a Bully

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Tombo2001 wrote: »
    I'd have thought this comment a bit smart ass and unnecessary. You are making a direct implication there that his parenting is not up to scratch, which I consider a bit low.

Funnily enough, the OP is stating that the 6yo's parenting isn't up to scratch...I wonder why you didn't find that a bit low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Citycap

Have you a nephew about 10 years of age who could come over and act the heavy with the 6 year old?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 16 Pass the Sauce love

OP, my mate is having similiar problems.

Family of 5 kids from 9-18/19. Youngest is apparently twice the size of anyone the same age. The older brothers and their friends who are over 16, I believe, have been heard egging on the kid to hit my mates kid.

Mate confronted parent in their garden after latest episode and there was apparently 10-15 people in the bullys garden ranging from a couple of young kids, lots of teenagers and a few adults. All proclaiming that my mates kids is worse, etc. Now my mates kid has a mouth on them, and will say whats on their mind, but doesnt stand a chance when it comes to physical match with this bully.

My mate has a large diary of what has been happening and even has video evidence of the bully hitting his kid when unprovoked. He also has details of what neighbours have seen/heard. The family are apparently renting in the estate for the last year or so, so my mate would know the other neighbours better as he has been living there 10+ years.

He's made a complaint to the PRTB as have other neighbours, so there's hope the family will be turfed out soon. Unfortunately, that cant come quick enough. The bully has also been heard on nearly a daily basis, telling other kids not to play with my mates kids which is horrible for any 9 year old to be dealing with, especially during the school holidays. Mates kid also has to pass by the bullys house to go anywhere bar his own front garden as they live in a cul de sac.

Mate is going to guards the next time with the diaried evidence. Unfortunately, this family has a notorious name around the town and are the type to get violent on the sly. he doesnt want a war, but if his kids safety is at risk, then he will do whatever it takes to protect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

If you're in North County Dublin there are kids self defence and anti bullying classes in Donabate - I think they're called KidzKombat.ie.

Classes start from age 4.

Ill be sending mine next year.

Advertisement