Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internship/Placement in Australia - Mines/Construction

Options
  • 20-06-2013 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi there,

I am a Mechanical Engineering student going into my 4th year of college in UCD and we have a paid placement opportunity next January for 5 - 8 months. Personally I want to travel abroad.

I have heard of a lot of Irish engineers getting jobs near the mines and in project based work in Australia where they earn crazy money working the 3 weeks on, 1 week off shifts.

My question is this:
    Does anyone know if they run internship programs? Or do you have to be a fully qualified and graduated engineer?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

They do run internships and they take on graduates and put them through (typically) a two year graduate program. The trick is finding the companies and trawling trough their websites.

Advertisement