Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got 'the knock' yesterday... After 12k!

Options
  • 20-06-2013 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

It was really weird - I cycled the 10k home as usual and had decided with the nice evening that was in it that I'd add another 15k to it by doing a lap of Howth, as I did on Tues.
    Looking back on it, I hadn't eaten a whole lot during the day but I had my usual breakfast and a small lunch. Anyway, I started feeling a bit weak and then realised I was starving, so decided to call it off. Went home, stuffed my face, and felt a bit shaky all evening.

The thing is, I had decided to mess about with my Lidl heart rate monitor and was trying to cycle in 'Zone 2' (120-130 bpm), could this have been a factor? Could the lower than normal heart rate have messed with my fuelling somehow?
    It's probably as simple as not having eaten enough, but it's just a funny coincidence...

Advertisement