Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening Irish bank account from abroad?

Options
  • 20-06-2013 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

I'm living in scotland at the minute but want an Irish bank account for when I come home, to avoid the atm charges. I have closed my ulsterbank accounts as they were going to introduce a monthly charge. What i'm looking for is an account such as PTSB that has an option to charge per transaction, but that I can open online.....does anybody know if there exists such an account? I'll have my bank statements from ulsterbank as proof of address so can post off documentation, I was able to open an ulsterbank account up north online but not sure about down south.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I don't think you'll have any joy opening an account from outside the state tbh. Even then, I don't think there's any "per transaction" accounts left, now that BoI have canned theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

murphaph wrote: »
    I don't think you'll have any joy opening an account from outside the state tbh. Even then, I don't think there's any "per transaction" accounts left, now that BoI have canned theirs.

Do PTSB not have an option? Looks like I'll just close all my Irish current accounts so....I'd still have proof of address from my irish ulsterbank accounts but won't be home for long enough on my next trip to open an account :-( after that my statements will be out of date! Actually I could just get my brother to open a PTSB account in his name and give me the card and password....hopefully that's not breaking any of the rules coming up with that idea in the forum...but that's what I'll do! THanks for letting me think outloud!

EDIT: EBS is my best option I think, i'll get him to open an account there....

Advertisement