Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dissapointed with Mods

Options
  • 20-06-2013 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Very disappointed that the thread on Skerries is not allowed to be continued...as there is a lot of questions that need to be discussed & resolved...in particular this 'interpretation' of the law.

Please note I have no affiliation to either side i.e. race organiser or gardai/council etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Very disappointed that the thread on Skerries is not allowed to be continued...as there is a lot of questions that need to be discussed & resolved...in particular this 'interpretation' of the law.

Please note I have no affiliation to either side i.e. race organiser or gardai/council etc.

I think you need to reslove them elsewhere, a decision has been made and if you/me want to post here were have to go with the decision of the owners of this website.

I might not agree or i might but its not my website so i can't dictate to others how they run their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

There will be a thread later about the issue of road usage and races in general.. I need to come up with some ground rules.

No discussion good or bad is permitted on a list of races, Skerries is one of them... if you look at the Skerries thread from 3yrs ago you should see why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

FYI - this is being discussed on the cycling forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056975379

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

you could start a new post and say there is a multi sport race in county fingal which has a neutralized bike course ;-0

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mloc123 has already stated discussion will be allowed on the underlying issue. We prohibit discussion on the specific event for very good reasons as already referred to. For that reason we want to make sure there are ground rules in place to avoid anyone straying the wrong side of the line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

mloc123 wrote: »
    No discussion good or bad is permitted on a list of races, Skerries is one of them... if you look at the Skerries thread from 3yrs ago you should see why.

I think the entire thread from 3 years ago had to be taken down :rolleyes: It was a bit disjointed and all over the place anyway, what with the number of posts that people had to request mods to remove following threatening phone calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

mloc123 wrote: »

No discussion good or bad is permitted on a list of races.
    Anyone have any links or know of any forums that do discuss or allow disscussions on the list of banned races?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement