Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Darcy show broadcasting from Hook lighthouse now

Options
  • 20-06-2013 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

As the title.

EDIT - and tomorrow also apparently

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Will Ray be on South-East-Radio , cos' thats the only radio station we listen to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Will Ray be on South-East-Radio , cos' thats the only radio station we listen to :)

No no, Ray Darcy is on a National Radio station named Today FM, has the biggest listenership in Ireland for the time slot.

Lee Chin, Billy Walsh, Jimmy Barry (Rissoles man!) among other Wexfordians on the show this a.m.

Assume there is more of the same tomorrow

It certainly gave the Hook area a great review and the heritage centre too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Niall Colfer is on it plugging his new cd and talking about Slade and The Hook.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My sympathies,does your house have the phenomenon of everyone going "sshhh,the deaths are on"?

Ray broadcasting again today from Hook,he's done more to promote the place in a few hours than the tourist board could do in years.Fair play to him for that.

I'm going to have to move over to listen to Ray .- Think there a Doyle coming up soon on the programme , called Kevin .

A nice guy :) ( like all Doyles )

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    My sympathies,does your house have the phenomenon of everyone going "sshhh,the deaths are on"?

Ray broadcasting again today from Hook,he's done more to promote the place in a few hours than the tourist board could do in years.Fair play to him for that.

In general I agree with you, but on this occasion I think Discover Ireland set up the whole 2 day show deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

vicwatson wrote: »
    In general I agree with you, but on this occasion I think Discover Ireland set up the whole 2 day show deal.

Wasn't a criticism of the tourist board,just a comment on how taken with the place Ray was and his praise of the area.

As far as I can recall , there was a vote on Facebook /discover Ireland to see which show from TodayFM would Wexford people like to bring to the SE ,

And the winner was obviously the Ray Darcy Show

he's done more to promote the place in a few hours than the tourist board could do in years.Fair play to him for that.
    Wasn't a criticism of the tourist board

Ahem :D:D:D:D:D

It's great for the area that a National broadcaster has been there and given the area such praise, complimented everthing from Food to accomodation to things to do.

It came across brilliantly for the 2 days.

Ahem :D:D:D:D:D

It's great for the area that a National broadcaster has been there and given the area such praise, complemented everthing from Food to accomodation to things to do.

It came across brilliantly for the 2 days.

Vic , can you cough a bit louder next time ........even though I can hear you , but cant see you and I am fairly good at reading between the lines .

Anyway , Hook Tourism do a massive amount of advertising , and as a frequent internet browser , I notice their name popping up everywhere and anywhere .

• Advertisement

Vic , can you cough a bit louder next time ........even though I can hear you , but cant see you and I am fairly good at reading between the lines .

Anyway , Hook Tourism do a massive amount of advertising , and as a frequent internet browser , I notice their name popping up everywhere and anywhere .

Who exactly is "Hook Tourism" as a matter of interest ?

Who exactly is "Hook Tourism" as a matter of interest ?

They are a Development Association , that get major financial support from organisations like Bank of Ireland - AIB - Wexford County Enterprise board , among others

Advertisement