Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry Pi Media centre

• 20-06-2013 10:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering has anyone used a raspberry pi as a media centre and if so what where the results?

I'm currently exploring the idea and found this guide and was just wondering if anyone has done it and how the found the experience and what where the results.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

duffman21 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wondering has anyone used a raspberry pi as a media centre and if so what where the results?

I'm currently exploring the idea and found this guide and was just wondering if anyone has done it and how the found the experience and what where the results.

Thanks

Have Crystalbuntu installed on my apple tv 1st gen(without the Crystalhd Card) xbmc works a dream with add-ons like Navi X and icefilms etc and also Football add-ons, can't comment on the rasberry pi but have been considering getting one myself to play around with but i doubt it would be as stable as a HDD install on a ATV1.

If you need any help installing crystalbuntu just pm me ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i've been waiting on sidelines til i see evidence it can handle 30gb .mkvs flawlessly...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cassegrain

My raspberry plays flawlessly The hobbit in 1080p (20gb MKV).

I have installed OpenElec.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

what are people using as remote? infrared/bluetooth usb adapter on the pi and then a hacked wii controller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭superleedsdub

Using either my TV`s remote or the yatse android app (which is pretty great)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

what are people using as remote? infrared/bluetooth usb adapter on the pi and then a hacked wii controller?

You can use HDMI CEC. Works great.

I have three raspberry pi's running as media players. I travel alot and I even keep one in my suitcase to use in hotel rooms. It's a really cheap and easy way to play your media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Using either my TV`s remote or the yatse android app (which is pretty great)

+1 for Yatse

Advertisement