Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French atm debited account but gave no cash

Options
  • 20-06-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi my husband and i used our visa debit cards on 2 separate occassions at the atm in our campsite. The transaction was cancelled at french end and no cash dispensed but our account was debited. The bank staff here say it is up to Bank of Ireland to investigate the problem and in all fairness the banking 365 staff have said they will do so but how long does this normally take? We are down 550euros until this is sorted and still in France. It is 5 days since first transaction and the bank staff in Banque Populaire said it could take 3 weeks. The atm is verified by all cards,used regularly but cancels our transaction,shuts down temporarily then restarts again afterwards. No one else has had this problem and there is no block on our card according to 365 staff. Hope you can give me an answer as to how long this takes to sort out worst case scenario.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Amylou18,

Once you have raised an atm query with Banking 365, our disputes department will refund the charges when they action your particular case. It will not take 3 weeks. If you would like an update with your case, please call Banking 365 directly and a representative would be happy to check the status for you.

I hope this answers your question.
    Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement