Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mbna / avant.

Options
  • 20-06-2013 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

This is without doubt the worst customer service that I have ever received. Got a call 10 weeks ago from Mbna , telling me credit card had been compromised (not used) but compromised. They were cancelling it and would reissue another within a week. My card has always been paid in full. Ten weeks later I still haven't got a replacement. Several phone calls but they tell me they have had difficulty with a company that are making the cards and that is the delay. Now it gets worse. They then charged me a late fee because they had a problem in collecting direct debits ,... the problem on their side. They have now billed me for government charge for card 30 euro and I still do not have a card. They tell me there is nothing they can do about the 30 euro charge.
    Hello what a shower of w.......:o
    Stay away from this crowd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's a government tax, not a "charge". And, whatever their other failings, they are right: there is nothing they can do about that. The tax is on the account, not the physical card or lack of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Rob C

This is concerning....I got the same phone call on Wednesday, said the card had been compromised along with other cards and was therefore being cancelled with a new one to be issued. I explained that I use that card for work, I book flights/Hotels on it and the company then reimburses me etc and they were like....tough...their fraud department said it was too much of a risk for the card to stay active even though nothing untoward had shown up on it, all transactions were correct.

Very strange. Can't find anything else on the internet about this.

They better send this card out to me ASAP....

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

I got the same call today all my transactions are correct, when pushed they say that they received notice from visa about my card details being unsecure just the card number not my private details. They have cancelled my card and say they will issue a new card between 7 and 10 days.

How do I even pay a balance if there is a delay issuing the card, surely my statement pertains to the card they have just cancelled?

anyway I'm not expecting a card from them within 7 to 10 days going by reports on here. I have cut up my card and this might be my reason to avoid credit cards from this point forward.

neonitrix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Your credit card account and the actual card itself are two different things.
    They can cancel the card itself, while the account remains operative.

If you pay at the post office using the existing card, it should work, or if you pay with a debit card online / through the website or by internet banking it will still work.

What actually happens is any previous card numbers are also linked to the same account, so if a payment comes in for one of those card numbers, it all pays off the same account.

You just have to wait for a new card to come out to make purchases on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

BuffyBot wrote: »
    It's a government tax, not a "charge". And, whatever their other failings, they are right: there is nothing they can do about that. The tax is on the account, not the physical card or lack of it.

Thanks for explaining that Buffy , MBNA also explained it , however having no card for the last couple of months please forgive me for sounding a little peeved at the thought of paying for something that I do not have. The account is of absolutely no use to me. :o

• Advertisement

I don't know what the delay in issuing cards is though. it's starting to look like more than disorganisation

Yeah , Ten to twelve weeks in this day and age. Each time I ring them, I am told next week. As I said at the start.... worst customer service I have ever received.:o:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Got a replacement Avant branded Platinum Visa in about a week. So it's not everyone that's affected.

Got a replacement Avant branded Platinum Visa in about a week. So it's not everyone that's affected.

Don't understand it , am still waiting for mine.:o

Ordered a replacement card last week because mine wasn't working and it arrived from an address in the UK this morning.
    I assume they're outsourcing it to some UK operation to print up and mail out the cards.

If your card's missing report it. The card was actually sent fully active!!

Avant branded GoldCard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 kerry365

I just cancelled my MBNA/Avant card. I would send cheque when I received bill and apparently would always arrive late. I would then go on to pay charges and interest to clear account. However it appears if you pay by cheque you get bill the following month for transaction for €1.50. This is the only bill I have problems with. I closed my account in April and had to pay €30 government charge which was understandable but I also had to pay €30 to cancel my account. I paid by credit card over phone to close off account. Good riddens to them. My advise -- Impossible to deal with

Advertisement