Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Rally

Options
  • 20-06-2013 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭

As per previous years we wont be allowing any discussions on the rally. Anyone who wishes to comment will probably find a thread in the motors forum for that purpose.

Thanks folks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwDZPmMalNgoGeM6qLJmKuYvtlTHYDrJgNmQVjIjmMhgzO_ss2Pw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

As a matter of interest, why? Just curious as I'd rather talk about, read about or watch basically anything else in the entire world ahead of anything rally or car related.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

As a matter of interest, why? Just curious as I'd rather talk about, read about or watch basically anything else in the entire world ahead of anything rally or car related.

There was shall we say, some heated discussion a few years back after a tragic accident.

To be on the safe side Donegal is a rally free zone but as mentioned before there are more appropriate forums to discuss the Rally if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

Down with that sort of thing

Careful now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Is heated discussion and debate not allowed in the Donegal forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

danniemcq wrote: »
    There was shall we say, some heated discussion a few years back after a tragic accident.

To be on the safe side Donegal is a rally free zone but as mentioned before there are more appropriate forums to discuss the Rally if you want
    As I said, not talking about a rally doesn't bother me in the slightest. Just seems a little strange that such a major event cannot be spoken about in its local forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Just to add to what danniemcq posted above. In the past we have had the usual pro and anti rally campaigners posting their comments and making their points with a large proportion of those comments being less than acceptable on any forum never mind here.

We dont need to see the same arguments, insults and abuse repeated year after year and I dont see the need for the mods to spend time cleaning up people's messes.

So, in order to protect people from themselves and save us hassle that we can do without a decision was taken a long time ago not to allow discussion here about the rally.

I dont see any thread in the motorsports forum regarding this years rally but if any of you feel strongly enough about (or against) the rally then feel free to pop over to the motorsports forum

muffler wrote: »
    Just to add to what danniemcq posted above. In the past we have had the usual pro and anti rally campaigners posting their comments and making their points with a large proportion of those comments being less than acceptable on any forum never mind here.

We dont need to see the same arguments, insults and abuse repeated year after year and I dont see the need for the mods to spend time cleaning up people's messes.

So, in order to protect people from themselves and save us hassle that we can do without a decision was taken a long time ago not to allow discussion here about the rally.

I dont see any thread in the motorsports forum regarding this years rally but if any of you feel strongly enough about (or against) the rally then feel free to pop over to the motorsports forum

And here is why people are really pissed off.

How condescending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

muffler wrote: »

I think thats really the key to this.
    Klim wrote: »

How condescending.
    There is a whole forum for the discussion of all motorsports, why do you feel that this should be in each individual county forum for the circuit of Ireland rally? Is the motorsport forum not a better place for all of the circuit of Ireland rallies?

kiddums wrote: »

There is a whole forum for the discussion of all motorsports, why do you feel that this should be in each individual county forum for the circuit of Ireland rally? Is the motorsport forum not a better place for all of the circuit of Ireland rallies?

Cos the rally doesn't affect me as a motorsport fan, it severely affects me as a citizen of Donegal, so where is more appropriate, if that's ok to you mr Mod?

Anyway, I wasn't even bothered about debating it to be honest- it's been done to death- I'm more bothered about being preemptively told that I can't talk about it for my own good. Dunno about you, but that's not something I'm really ok with.

• Advertisement

How condescending.
    How ironic that your comments should earn you a yellow card. Id hate to think what you would have been posting had we allowed discussion on the rally so I have actually protect everyone including you.
    Cos the rally doesn't affect me as a motorsport fan
    Cant see why you're complaining so
    it severely affects me as a citizen of Donegal, so where is more appropriate, if that's ok to you mr Mod?
    I'll break it to you gently. This is a private site with no such thing as free speech. You're a guest of the site owners so what being a citizen of Donegal has got to do with anything is beyond me.

Anyway, I wasn't even bothered about debating it to be honest
    You could have fooled me.

I'm more bothered about being preemptively told that I can't talk about it for my own good. Dunno about you, but that's not something I'm really ok with.
    There are avenues open to you if you are not happy with the thread but arguing the point here isnt one of them.

On account of Klim I think its time to lock this.

Following a wee bit of feedback by PM we have looked at this again and can see a bit of logic regarding the rally being discussed here in the Donegal forum. So when the next rally comes along we can have another look at things then and see if we can get an "all encompassing" thread going.

However as this years rally is now over we can leave the matter for now.

Thanks all for your feedback and patience. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement