Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn Blanchardstown going down down down

Options
  • 20-06-2013 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Just went to Superquinn in Blanchardstown, omg... what happened? the shop looks totally different :eek: very long aisles, the floor looks cheap, bread section looks like mass produced factory stuff, cheese and fish in a corner with piles and piles of cheese and fish.
    The shop looks cheap and unfriendly.

I loved the shop the way it was, much more friendly and a bit luxurious.

I am sad!

I suppose it is a musgrave plan to change all the lovely Superquinn shops.

I don't like it at all, in fact I hate it.

I feel like demonstrating in front of the shop and shout : We want our lovely shop back.

Anybody else feel the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Cooking & Recipes.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

We very very seldom shop in SQ so we can't be arsed either way.

Only advice I can give would be to let your money do the talking and shop elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's pretty difficult to find things there at the moment but I suppose that's always going to happen while the shop is being changed around. What are they doing in the car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I don't do my weekly shop in SQ but on occasion do drop in for a treat. Totally agree with the OP, the new layout is a complete step backwards. I used to like the open plan feel of the old layout. The new layout actually reminds me of the way it was in the early nineties.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭lmmoonbeam1976

there was talk going around that it may be closing - has anyone else heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

there was talk going around that it may be closing - has anyone else heard
    Ah i hope it doesnt i shop there all the time. But, yeah i don't like the new layout at all. Theres no logic it to it whatsoever, but im not sure if they're finished it yet.

The staff are so friendly there and there's never massive queues really. Thye used to be the "expensive supermarket", but i think they're really reasonable and i love their "reduced to sell" section too :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

fletch wrote: »
    I don't do my weekly shop in SQ but on occasion do drop in for a treat. Totally agree with the OP, the new layout is a complete step backwards. I used to like the open plan feel of the old layout. The new layout actually reminds me of the way it was in the early nineties.

I actually preferred the way it was years ago, the shop seemed bigger. The way they've just changed it from felt anything but open plan to me and I always thought the aisles were very narrow. It is still work in progress however, so it'll be interesting to see what it's like when they finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭sjaakie

I loved the short aisles, it felt like less walking... now.. it looks like one of those big tesco yolks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Havent been in for a while, but its a pity to hear. Most of the pleasure of walking into SQ either there or in Lucan/Esker is to browse the fresh bread and deli section at the start,never fails to force a few impulse purchases! Musgraves must have figured that that market is mostly a thing of the past....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Trademark

I only go there for the sausages and a few sauces for cooking that are hard to get elsewhere. Had a conversation about the best supermarkets in work recently and the general consensus was that Lidl/Aldi are getting such a big market share, one of the older ones will end up going to the wall sooner or later, more than likely Superquinn.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I really hope Superquinn don't go to the wall - they have been leaders in terms of supermarkets in this country for the past 50 years. There is a market for their wares and the staff service is second to none.

I don't want to see a cost-led race to the bottom with supermarkets.:(

I haven't seen the new layout of the Blanch SQ store but I really liked the existing layout - very spacious with generous provision for the butchers, bakery, fishmonger and fruit & veg sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Hub D15

I was in this recently and yes is badly run to be honest. They actually seemed to be rebuilding the shop during normal working hours which is odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Just back from Superquinns.

Aside from the fact that I couldn't find anything, I quite like the revamped shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WTSIB

I believe that the final "outcome" of the revamp will be evident, overnight pretty soon-- so hold judgement till then. Have no connection with the shop- just noticed preparations under way in adjacent "vacant" unit, new shelvesetc being prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Busted21

So far I like the revamp its nice and bright and spacious although I think the staff could do with some training the majority of them are rude . And don't seem to value your custom

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭sjaakie

rude staff in Superquinn Blanchardstown? I find each and everyone of them very friendly and helpful. They were probably a bit flustered due to the revamping of the shop on the day you shopped there

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Busted21

No I have come across this on many occasions before the revamp ive shopped in many different superquinns and the staff in each and everyone of those stores were the best id come across (waterford in particular) however blanch staff just aren't as good as other stores in my opinion and I shop weekly in blanch. The self service checkouts are often missing the support that it needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Busted21 wrote: »
    So far I like the revamp its nice and bright and spacious although I think the staff could do with some training the majority of them are rude . And don't seem to value your custom

I'm inclined to agree with you. There must have been an intake of staff in the past six months because they used to be fantastic but I've encountered more than a couple of rude employees in there lately. Have started doing almost all my shopping in tesco on the Navan road now, an altogether more pleasant experience than any of the supermarkets in D15!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Well it was closed last night when I called in to shop so they must have been doing some major work overnight. Had to take myself off to Tescos!

Yeah they had signs up during the week to say that they'd be finishing overnight last night.

• Advertisement

Was in there today and can't say I like the finished product. The aisles are long but still quite narrow, it's hard to see what's actually on the shelves from the end of the aisle.

They've changed the markings in the car park (not finished yet) to mean you can't turn left immediately like you used to. Thing is people still are. Accidents will happen!

What really annoyed me was they had no Peroni LOL, on special at 12 bottles for 12 euro in almost every other branch. Priorities eh ;)

There was some poor guy out in the rain directing traffic earlier to stop people going left as they came into the carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭miss misty

Express checkouts in superquinn are a joke, never any staff to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

sjaakie wrote: »
    rude staff in Superquinn Blanchardstown? I find each and everyone of them very friendly and helpful. They were probably a bit flustered due to the revamping of the shop on the day you shopped there

Last time I was there the customer in front of me was buying a magazine and the girl at the till literally spent about 60 seconds reading the front cover, I couldn't believe it.

Ain't nobody got time for that...

In praise of them I bought a sandwich from their new sandwich/Deli counter (don't remember one in the main shop before). The guy on the counter was really friendly, put a portion of Turkey on the sandwich that was about three times as much as you'd get anywhere else (and it was real Turkey not fake plastic stuff) and the sandwich cost €2.49! Alas I work in town so it's not a regular option but it's amazing value!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Larsso30

one thing since their revamp, they dont seem to have as much of their own brand products, especially in the fruit and veg area, maybe thats just me but thought there was less than normal today

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Love the coffee shop. The mature lady at the counter very helpful always smiling, love have a quick chat with her.
    If it's not to busy or she left by herself most of the time feel sorry for trying to serve people, clean tables etc.. (feel that part is very under staff) just left for person to cope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i like the new re vamp but i prefear the way it was layed out originally,i liked the way the old meat/fish/cheese counter were ,made it look fancy rather than their new lay out that make it look just like any normal and standard supermarket!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

im really impressed with it, though i was really used to the old layout, but im getting pretty used to it now. It seems a much better use of the space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

I like the new layout more, it looks nicer and it seemed to be easier to find things.

Advertisement