Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CoderDojo Setup Dublin - Programmers Required

Options
  • 20-06-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Guys

I'm looking to setup a coder dojo starting in Septmber this year in the Dublin 6 area.

I have the space and facilities sorted but need to get a couple of programmers willing to give up 2 hours a week to teach 7-12 year olds some basic web programming or how to create mobile apps.

Probably lookign at languages such as HTML, Java, Scratch, Raspberry Pi...but i'm open to discussion on whats best.

So if anyone out there knows a bit of programming and fancies sharing the knowledge, please get in contact!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Seridisand

What are you thinking in terms of times/days?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rocker74

Hi there, thanks for replying.
    It has yet to be confirmed...but it'll be a 2 hour session either on a weekday afternoon or early evening or maybe a weekend morning.
    This will be flexible and to be honest will be based more on the instructors preference than the students.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Might be interested in helping out with this, time permitting that is.

Thanks Wes
    I'll PM you so we can share info etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Depending on times etc. I might be able to help too.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that.
    I hope to get a better idea of times etc early next week.
    Can you perhaps let me know what would be the ideal time for you....midweek afternoon or evening; weekend morning or afternoon etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 smart_username

Hi, I would be interested.

Great stuff, thanks....I'll be setting up a google group for this next week so updates etc will be in there, and hopefully will allow people the chance to flag their interest, programming experience/skills and times they may be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Shane_Curran

I'd love to help out, I'm based in D6 too. Could you PM me some more details?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

I would like to help out although I am only beginner to intermediate level myself but hopefully at least I could teach kids something.

Also I am away until end of october

pm me your contact details and I will get in touch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement