Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics and Maths in Arts (NUIG)

• 20-06-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    At the moment this is my first CAO choice and I just want to know if anyone can give me any information on the course (hours, social, difficulty, employability etc.)

Information from anybody who did/is doing Economics and Maths in arts IN ANY COLLEGE would be a great help!

Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭HistoryKitty

Hey I'm going into my second year of arts in UCD in September and i'm doing maths and economics :)
    Hours: Well you'll probably have to take an extra subject in first year. My hours for maths and econ alone were probably 10-12 each semester.
    Social: Well economics in UCD is huge idk bout elsewhere but if you chat to people sitting beside you in your lectures in the first few weeks you'll make friends :) One thing is that there are no tutorials in UCD for economics (yet again idk bout elsewhere). This makes it harder to make friends and it makes the subject harder to study as you have no small classes and no real problem solving till your exams. My maths class was nice and friendly and you'll have tutorials which are small classes and you'll make loads of friends there :)
    Difficulty: I found that economics in college is a lot different than economics in school. I don't like it as much in college as I used to and its definitely harder. UCD economics have high fail rates of about 50-70%. I find maths is a little bit hard especially if you don't have weekly tutorials. But as long as you know your stuff you'll do find.
    Employability: Well maths and economics is a great degree to have. It's highly employable and you'll have a lot of opportunities and options after you finish your degree. A lot of people will knock your degree because its arts :rolleyes: but don't listen to them.
    If you have anymore questions pm me or ask here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 deba769

Thanks HistoryKitty that was really helpful! :)
    Anyone else like to share their experiences in maths/economics in arts? :D

Advertisement