Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft target game

• 20-06-2013 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, Im involved in organising a one off "Special Needs" games weekend.
    is Airsoft Target Shooting available. If not it sounds like it could be easily adapted to target shooting.

We'd like to have a target shooting game that could be held safely in a confined space/hall.
    We've inquired re laser guns shooting but there's no target shooting available and for various reasons got no joy talking to those who have laser games.

Any suggestions.

We'd need it for end of August and if possible a sample run out before.

I hope I'm in the right place here.

Regards.

J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭brenak47

There is an airsoft target range in kilkenny just google kilkenny airsoft and u'll find all the info. Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

What you're looking for is called IPSC style shooting, or "practical pistol". The airsoft equivalent is identical to the real steel version, though the equipment is a bit different. Targets are on a timer, you shoot each in turn, and the last target falling stops the clock.
    I don't know if anyone has the gear anymore, to be honest. I remember talk of it at an event a couple of years ago, but nothing lately. That said, it's nothing you couldn't build up with some aluminium and a few hours on a weekend. The targets were simple, light falling-plate targets. The sophisticated kits would have a micro switch under the plate to trigger a timer to start or stop. The really fancy ones would have one under each target for split times.
    In reality, you can time it with a stop watch and build some basic plate targets. Even paper ones would work, and would arguably be safer (plate targets sometimes give ricochets back to the shooter with bbs). Build up an 8"x4" box target with a catch-net behind it, make a slot for replaceable paper targets, and have an official timer with a stop watch. Instant competition range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

If you want to run your own target shooting event in a hall, you'd have to consider the dangers of ricochets from bbs that might hit someone. A heavy curtain behind the target would absorb the bbs and stop them bouncing off in all directions. The best solution would be to use low powered "spring" pistols that are half the power of gas pistols.

Tbh, you'd need to consider this idea very carefully as we airsofters wear eye and face protection for good reasons. Perhaps you could ask one of the retailers if they'd sponsor you and supply you with a few airsoft rifs which could be used under their supervision. They would get free advertising from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 d.i.y. man

Thanks all for your quick replies, I'll check out all the advice especially the safety aspect.
    J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Didn't G&G release some sort of game where you shoot the balls when they flash a colour, and can be linked together or something to that effect.

I toyed with the idea of building an race gun for a bit of target shooting as i made a few targets myself, until i realised how bloody expensive it to be build one and lets face it who foook can afford an airsoft surgeon diamonte encrusted pistol if you do not want to build a custom??....not me anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

Kilkeny airsoft is probly the best place for what your looking for mate, check out thier website for a better idea.
    and theres a room left aside with something like IPSC.
    Guns all provided so just book it, show up and pay and play :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

$kilkenny wrote: »
    Kilkeny airsoft is probly the best place for what your looking for mate, check out thier website for a better idea.
    and theres a room left aside with something like IPSC.
    Guns all provided so just book it, show up and pay and play :)
    Killkenny has this system:
    http://www.cybergun-entertainment-systems.com/products/mobile-shooting-set-ces.html

We sell these sytems and can let you borrow one for the weekend, provided you arrange the insurance

Just to add to that, it would require one of us or someone with suitable experience to supervise/run this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Stephen-mx3

I know thread is a bit old, but you can download a Shot Timer app from Android marketplace. Good fun, but everyone would have to be pretty quiet when shooting as you'd have to lower the trigger volume because airsoft guns are a lot quieter than real firearms.

Advertisement