Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal attacks on pets in Carrick on Suir

Options
  • 20-06-2013 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Just received some distressing news that on 2 separate occasion in the past few weeks, youths have attacked and killed small animals.
    One occasion it was a cat with kittens and another it was someones hens. The youths attacked the animals with hurley and used dogs. They have also threatened local residents including threatening and old aged pensioner with a hurley for trying to stop an attack.

The guards have been called numerous times but wont respond or do anything as they are 'minors'

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

minor or not, they should be doing something about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Sounds shocking tbh and if true is an inditement on the Gardai, the parents and society in general.

These lads might 'only' be attacking animals now, but it won't be long untill that is no longer enough, its a proven fact that behaviour and violence like this will escalate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

F..kin little bastrads, all big men until some one gives them a dose of there own medicine and hopefully there's a few tuff lads in carrick that can sort them. Makes me sick to here this kind of stuff to defensive animals... I know what I'd do to them and it wouldn't be a tap around the ear!!!f..kers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Sounds shocking tbh and if true is an inditement on the Gardai, the parents and society in general.
    .[/QUOTE

I agree with your sentiment but i feel it's more of an inditment of our legal system. tbf the cops hands are tied and you can imagine these kids parents are pure skum too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

digzy wrote: »
    I agree with your sentiment but i feel it's more of an inditment of our legal system. tbf the cops hands are tied and you can imagine these kids parents are pure skum too.

In many cases the youngsters are from well to do families who go with the "not my Fuinneoig, he wouldn't" too though. I think they need a taste of their own medicine to be frank. That's all I'll say, makes me sick. Kittens for the love of God, even cat haters can't hurt kittens, only little fuzzballs :(

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    In many cases the youngsters are from well to do families who go with the "not my Fuinneoig, he wouldn't" too though. I think they need a taste of their own medicine to be frank. That's all I'll say, makes me sick. Kittens for the love of God, even cat haters can't hurt kittens, only little fuzzballs :(

well if you know who's responsible it's your duty to approach their 'well to do' parents regarding this outrage. Horrible kids, god knows what evil they'll do next.

• Advertisement

well if you know who's responsible it's your duty to approach their 'well to do' parents regarding this outrage. Horrible kids, god knows what evil they'll do next.

I don't know who they are, I am merely stating that people just assume these sort of people are solely from one social background. What is terrifying is it is clear they are willing to hurt defenceless animals and physically threatening elderly people. It is clear they are going to harm more animals and given the chance, may move onto other people too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Twoelles wrote: »
    Just received some distressing news that on 2 separate occasion in the past few weeks, youths have attacked and killed small animals.
    One occasion it was a cat with kittens and another it was someones hens. The youths attacked the animals with hurley and used dogs. They have also threatened local residents including threatening and old aged pensioner with a hurley for trying to stop an attack.

The guards have been called numerous times but wont respond or do anything as they are 'minors'

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

minor or not, they should be doing something about it

No point moaning about it here. I you know who is involved/was making the complaint tell them to get on to the superintendent & make a formal complaint.

Also get the DSPCA involved.

If the local gaurds couldn't be arsed they deserve all the bad media they can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Not 'moaning' about it here I was looking to see if there were anymore similar incidences to collate them together. The guards have been contacted and this complaint has now gone to higher levels, Td's have been contacted as has the media, both local and mainstream, and a few of the ferral cats have been removed and placed in foster care.

I don't know who they are, :(

You were fairly sure in your previous post:rolleyes:

You were fairly sure in your previous post:rolleyes:

No, nothing of the sort, were I in the know of any animal cruelty it would almost be a duty to report it, my partner is a final year vet student. I am merely saying don't assume that everyone that harms animals is from one particular social background.

• Advertisement

[QUOTE=wolfpawnat;85205135]In many cases the youngsters are from well to do families :([/QUOTE]

Here, I'll quote you again since you haven't even read your own post!

And where, pray tell, does that imply I know who did such heinous acts? :confused:

And where, pray tell, does that imply I know who did such heinous acts? :confused:

Oh sweet jesus:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I quoted your own post. It's #5.

I 'imagine' their parents are scumbags. You seemed pretty definite in post #5.

Oh sweet jesus:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I quoted your own post. It's #5.

I 'imagine' their parents are scumbags. You seemed pretty definite in post #5.

I have never even been to Carrick on Suir, I have no idea where in Tipperary it even is. I am merely stating fact that not always are these kids from "rougher" backgrounds. :confused: You really need to relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭alan27

I heard about the cat story, scumbags they are! The guards still should have come to the aid of the people, but no thats too much trouble. People will soon be protecting themselves (Law Abiding Citizen) because the law favours scumbags like this and then when they become 18 they rat on others and still get away with crime.

Advertisement