Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last of Us [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Great post. I played it for the 1st time over xmas and agree with you.

Loved the game. Going to up the difficulty and start again soon.

Bit dissapointed that the dlc was so short but it was a good look into Ellies back story.

Any more dlc planned?

How long is the DLC? I haven't played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Lemlin wrote: »
    How long is the DLC? I haven't played it yet.

2 hours, 3 max of you are big on collecting supplies and looking everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wow, didn't think they'd make another. The game and DLC are perfect on their own, Jole and Ellie's story is wrapped up just fine imo.

I hope they use different characters, it will be interesting to see what ND come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bit of a thread revival but I'm playing this again to get hyped up for E3 and also to get the last 2 multiplayer trophies for the platinum. Ended up trying grounded and am hooked all over again. Such a great ****ing game and the Remastered version looks and plays so good.

Any multiplayer tips like a good loadout or best way to earn parts?

• Advertisement

Is this still only on playstation?

Is this still only on playstation?

Yupp, I wish it was multiplatform though, even a delayed release as everyone should get to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Any multiplayer tips like a good loadout or best way to earn parts?
    Semi auto rifle, suppressed if you can afford it. I had few different perk set ups but this was always my main gun. Enough range and accuracy to get a long distance head shot but spamable if you get into trouble at close range.

If you're down and see a teammates bomb crawl on top of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

As mentioned above, suppressed semi auto is great. Combine it with covert training 3 and you’re sorted. Although it’s good to have a more assault heavy loadout ready for the endgame, as stealth is wasted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Yupp, I wish it was multiplatform though, even a delayed release as everyone should get to play it.

Never gonna happen as Sony sees it as a system seller.. They arent going to kill a golden goose..

• Advertisement

Forgot how brilliant the game was. About my 6th playthrough for me and still enjoying all the cutscenes. Grounded has me rushing the levels as I find the slower I go, the less success I have, almost speed running the combat scenes. Haven't gone back to multiplayer yet but will tonight. On week 7, day 5 of my first journey, will be a sickner if I lose everyone.

Hit a wall on grounded outside the school, took a break to do MP, forgot how hard that was. Tried a few different loadout with little success. What I found worked best was Revolver only with pistol zoom 2, downed more people with that than the semi auto rifle. Downing about 2 people per match and getting downed about 5 times, abysmal.

To make things worse, I started week 8 to a hunter attack that can wipe out 100% of my clan. Had to stop playing before deciding what to choose. I'm guessing 'down enemies is the easiest? I'm bound to get at least 3 downs over 3 matches. Any other really easy choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Yeah, down is the easiest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Hit a wall on grounded outside the school, took a break to do MP, forgot how hard that was. Tried a few different loadout with little success. What I found worked best was Revolver only with pistol zoom 2, downed more people with that than the semi auto rifle. Downing about 2 people per match and getting downed about 5 times, abysmal.

To make things worse, I started week 8 to a hunter attack that can wipe out 100% of my clan. Had to stop playing before deciding what to choose. I'm guessing 'down enemies is the easiest? I'm bound to get at least 3 downs over 3 matches. Any other really easy choices?

Yeah downs are easiest. It’s a tough time to start playing again as the majority of players are high level now. I took a break from MP for about 3 weeks to play GoW and really noticed how high the level of players are on returning to it a bit rusty.

Yeah downs are easiest. It’s a tough time to start playing again as the majority of players are high level now. I took a break from MP for about 3 weeks to play GoW and really noticed how high the level of players are on returning to it a bit rusty.

I've noticed that most executions done to me are DLC ones as well, with their highly level and obviously high skill level, it's gonna be tough getting the last 2 trophies in this. I'm sure I'll get going once I remember the level layouts and find a comfortable loadout.

I'm not usually big on the MP side of things, they can usually get mindless running and gunning but TLOU MP is so tense, every match feel significant.

Damn I hate how **** I am at factions, always least downs and most deaths, my 8 week character constantly against only 500+ week characters. Played against a 999 guy as well. I feel like I could hit them with 4 shots and they 1 shot me, very annoying. I have no problem getting ganked by guys who spent so much time on this, I just wish there was better matchmaking. I played with a group all under 50 and it was completely different.

Tempted to buy a DLC gun (seeing as I'm mostly killed by DLC guns) but i think I'm just lacking the hours compared to the guys I'm playing.

Got 8 of 9 downs for my 100% risk mission so I can just crush on to the last 3 weeks of my firefly journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

yeah it's the one thing I hate about going back to old MP, you're playing guys that have been playing it since you left with all the other scrubs. I've been playing Battlefield 4 and Black Ops 1 recently, they're not too bad in fairness but there's no low hanging fruit to pick off anymore :)

Long shot but is anyone up for factions at the moment? I have up on week 10 last year but determined to get the plat before tlou 2. I was given a 100% risk mission, picked heel teammates. Just need to heal 5 over 3 games. Loaded into my first game and was already losing. 2 guys left within a minute of me joining and the 3rd guy left shortly after, no heals for me yay. Sickner is i got plenty of downs.

Anyone, I'm gonna try game 2 but if anyone is up for a lash, let me know.

Edit: game 2 - 2 heals. None of my teammates ever need heals. I'm stuck to them like glue and it's either full health or downed. I chose poorly....

Edit: 2 game 3 - holeee ****, 24 heals. ****ing pheeewww. My heart isn't able for factions :pac:

I looked it up and i have another 100% risk in week 11 and final one in week 12, ffs :(

I'm back playing this, about to start week 11 of my 2nd journey, platinum in sight, just 2 100% risk missions left. I'm getting very little downs in matches, either my teammates are level 100's to 999 and doing all the killing or the enemies are too good for me.

I have found my footing bigtime playing as support, healing and reviving. Dying much less and getting more downs than i did when i was actively trying to get them.

The last 100% risk mission, i chose heals. I had to get 5 over 3 games. I got 34 in my first game, safe to say I'll be doing that for my next 100% missions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Started this again yesterday in preparation for 2. Fourth attempt at it. I might actually finish it this time as I found myself trying different things and enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

After four attempts I finally got to the end credits. Game was a lot better than I'd initially thought (tho f*** that snow part). The story was actually quite gut wrenching. I'm really glad I decided to give it another chance as it was fantastic all round.

Started Left Behind but that wasn't grabbing me as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Buck_rodgers

Number 2 will be a sales disappointment, people wait for it to hit PS+, it signals the end of the SJW woke culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Number 2 will be a sales disappointment, people wait for it to hit PS+, it signals the end of the SJW woke culture.

Bollocks, and I say that as someone who hates the plot points I've seen so far from TLOU2.

It will sell millions upon million, easy. You're under the impression that the extremely vocal 0.01% on Twitter and forums have an effect on sales. They don't.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bollocks, and I say that as someone who hates the plot points I've seen so far from TLOU2.

It will sell millions upon million, easy. You're under the impression that the extremely vocal 0.01% on Twitter and forums have an effect on sales. They don't.

Time will tell, it will be a hit like Star Wars the rise of skywalker, but when you really look at the numbers it will be seen as a flop that left millions on the table.
    Bad choices have consequences, Naughty Dog went woke , prepare to go....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Time will tell, it will be a hit like Star Wars the rise of skywalker, but when you really look at the numbers it will be seen as a flop that left millions on the table.

This is legitimately one of the funniest sentences I’ve ever read in this forum.

“It’ll ACTUALLY be a hit, but REALLY it will be a flop” :pac:

This is legitimately one of the funniest sentences I’ve ever read in this forum.

“It’ll ACTUALLY be a hit, but REALLY it will be a flop” :pac:

Do you think Disney are happy that Star Wars 9 made less than 7.
    Force awakens $2,068,223,624
    The last Jedi $1,333,539,889
    Rise of Skywalker $1,074,144,248
    Disney lost at least 1 billion dollars due to the films being terrible.
    Naughty Dog got woke and will cost Sony millions.
    Druckmann will be shown the door
    Guerrilla Games will become the flagship developer for Sony
    Amy Hennig will return to lead Naughty Dog

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Do you think Disney are happy that Star Wars 9 made less than 7.
    Force awakens $2,068,223,624
    The last Jedi $1,333,539,889
    Rise of Skywalker $1,074,144,248
    Disney lost at least 1 billion dollars due to the films being terrible.
    Druckmann will be shown the door
    Guerrilla Games will become the flagship developer for Sony
    Amy Hennig will return to lead Naughty Dog

Guys.... I don't think this is the real Buck Rogers from the 25th Century.... His surname is spelled differently, so his predictions may be off...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

There are people out there who judge books by their covers, these people are silly clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/Naughty_Dog/status/1264966927778111488?s=19

Kinda surprised with this as so much is out there now. Sad they have to disable comments on these posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I think i smell.... panic.. :pac:

Advertisement