Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Credit Card

Options
  • 20-06-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Anyone have dealings with Tesco for credit cards?
    I am going through the application process but their customer service and admin processing is driving me demented.
    At this stage I wondering if it is worth it?
    I am only changing to this credit card to use points with board gais, but it may cost me more in pills after dealing with them.
    Rainer

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Personally, don't do it....get rid of your credit card instead,

Unless you pay your credit card off in full every month without fail your wasting your money,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I do have a Tesco credit card, but I got it so many moons ago that I don't remember what the application process was like.

The major drawback to a Tesco credit card is the lack on online "banking" facilities, where you can see an online balance. In contrast, my Bank of Ireland credit card account is visible on my BoI 365 account. Any time that I've had to ring Customer Service, the dealings have been perfectly fine, so no complaints there. I do track my credit card purchases, so I have a reasonable idea of the balance at any time, but I occasionally ring to confirm the balance (perhaps in the middle of a statement cycle).

The upsides, I gain Tesco clubcard points on the card, so I make sure that all major purchases go through the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I applied about 6 weeks ago online (maybe longer), they are incredibly slow, yesterday I got the pin in the post and today I got a letter saying my application had been approved.

After about 3 weeks I got a letter asking for address verification which I supplied, I got that back the other day with a compliments slip but nothing to actually tell me my application had been successful, I wouldn't have known till today unless I had rung them.

My card should hopefully be coming any day, I want it for the points, I pay my card in full by direct debit every month.

dudara, I have seen other posters mention that you can now track your club cards point online and manage that account so you should be able to see how much you have spent on your card from there through the points.

Not being able to view the credit card spending online will be a pain but hopefully they will get that up and running soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

loopymum wrote: »
    dudara, I have seen other posters mention that you can now track your club cards point online and manage that account so you should be able to see how much you have spent on your card from there through the points.

Not being able to view the credit card spending online will be a pain but hopefully they will get that up and running soon.

I have the clubcard facility setup already, but it would be nice to have full visibility into the card, as there isn't an exact €1 = 1 point ratio on all purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

dudara wrote: »
    I have the clubcard facility setup already, but it would be nice to have full visibility into the card, as there isn't an exact €1 = 1 point ratio on all purchases.

Sorry to disappoint you, but its only 1 point for every €2 on the credit card. On the clubcard its 1 point for every €1. There are a few exceptions with the cc eg tesco petrol: Collect 1 point for every €1 spent plus one extra point for every €2 spend

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Yes application process is really annoying.

I applied middle December and got my card in February (end of!)

I applied online and they sent me 2 letters asking me for documents (with 2 different reference numbers) and I only posted one back (they were both same).

Anyway posted wrong one - month delay, had to post them again.

Also annoying thing is that I get statements by post that are 2 weeks old, and deadline is in few days to pay so I have to pay quickly (to allow few days to reach them).

Other than that I earn tons of points that I use with bordgais.

After I got through application I am very happy with this credit card.

I have to say my bank I am with for last 5 years refused to give me 500eur credit card (I work full time for last 5 years), and Tesco gave me 2000, I was surprised, I expected 500 - I don't have bad credit rating, I have no credit rating (no loans before)

Advertisement