Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Lynott statue - where's it gone?

• 20-06-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hey, does anyone know what happened to the Phil Lynott statue off Grafton St.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

It's being replaced with a statue of Bressie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Some toe rags broke it in two late one night recently.

Thankfully an anonymous benefactor has put up the money for it to be fixed so Phil should be back in place very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Whoever those two were that damaged the Phil Lynott statue should be named & shamed, absolutely disgraceful what they did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Two guys destroyed.

I was apprehensive about em links as 'destroyed' has taken on a whole new meaning in recent times......

Is a fairly tacky statue, imo but I doubt that was their motivation. They wanna kill rock n roll!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I was apprehensive about em links as 'destroyed' has taken on a whole new meaning in recent times......

Is a fairly tacky statue, imo but I doubt that was their motivation. They wanna kill rock n roll!

You think? I think it's a cool statue and a great memorial to the great man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ok then, they damaged the statue pretty badly, and they are pr*cks for doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Didn't his ma come out and say something along the lines of no offence taken and that phil would have done the same thing after a few pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Lot of harsh posts. It was a couple of lads with drink on board, they handed themselves in later that day and according to the article they asked the Gardai to send their apologies to Philomena. I doubt there is too many who can say they've never done something stupid while drinking, at least they manned up and took responsibility for their actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

D.Q wrote: »
    Didn't his ma come out and say something along the lines of no offence taken and that phil would have done the same thing after a few pints.

That sounds like Phil's mother

But she actually just spoke to Hot Press magazine and said "boys will be boys" or similar to that effect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

The bloody thing should be anchored to the ground in some way. There's no way two lads should be able to push it over.

Advertisement