Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoighre Parking

Options
  • 20-06-2013 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

Is there any free parking in Dun Laoighre after 6pm? I am going to a show there tomrrow night in the Pavilion Theater

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

Its a free for all after 7pm, so whack 2€ in the machine....Unless you want to leave your car in Silchester or McCormacks pub areas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

And don't park on the harbor, you have to pay till 8. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Thanks guys show isnt till 8 so arriving around 7:30 would be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The meters in areas controlled by the Harbour Police are €2 minimum and as already advised, are pay and display up to 8 p.m.

If I was you I'd park on Crofton Road which is the road that runs along the railway line up to the Dart station, the Pavilion is just around the corner. Check the signs but I think the pay & display is only up to 7 p.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I got parking for free up the street where Permanent TSB is on the corner parking is free there after 7pm :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 plainlazy

OK folks, while i have ye here on the subject of parking fines/clamping, ive a bit of a dilemma myself regarding a parking ticket and need some advice as im appealing the fine. I recently parked on a certain residential street in Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown council area on a friday morning shortly after 9am. I went to ticket machine to buy ticket and noticed i could buy an all day ticket (0800 - 1700) for 5 euro. Great i thought, seems good value. Directly across the street a parking sign indicated the hours of 0800 to 1700 that are required to be covered by a paid up ticket. I was parked about 20 metres away from sign on other side of street but noticed another sign about 20 metres past my car on my side of street and so decided to check it just in case it was different. This sign indicated same hours of parking but had some other info included, however this other info was covered over with some white sticky labels. It turns out this extra info indicated a 3 hour parking restriction, however this was not apparent to me at the time. Of course i returned later that day to find a parking fine attached to my car for 40 euro for overstaying my parking. I sent in an appeal stating that their sign failed to indicate the 3 hour restriction as it was covered over with white labels and i assumed it had been amended (temporarily with labels until a replacement sign is fitted) to coincide with the parking restrictions on other side of street. I also sent in photos of the amended sign.
    Their reply was typically moronic. They simply stated that the onus is on the driver to check the signage for parking restrictions and pay/park accordingly and therefore demanded the 40 euro be paid or else!!! They completely ignored my point that i DID check the sign and sent them photographic proof.
    To add insult to injury 3 days later i got a reminder to pay up within the allowed time period (4 weeks) despite the fact they state that any appeal time will extend the payment period. Im allowed to reappeal which i will do. Im thinking of getting legal advice on this as theyve really pissed me off with their attitude. Does anyone think ive a case for non payment?? Incidently the 3 hour restriction was indicated in Irish and not covered but i genuinely gave it no attention as i dont speak or understand our native lingo unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

DLRCoCo put out the parking control to tender. The tender processed specified x amount of tickets to be issued and a 12 euro penalty for every ticket under this amount. Your appeal went to this company, there is an incentive for them to ignore your complaint. If you do get legal advice I'm sure a copy of this tender would help you

Advertisement