Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Post Box at branch

Options
  • 20-06-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

I waited 10 days to receive a form from the bank. For some reason it takes correspondence from Bank of Ireland 3 times longer than the national average to deliver.
    I went out of my way this evening to hand deliver the completed form, and the branch letter box is sealed.
    I'm beyond annoyed.
    Why does the branch no longer have an active letterbox?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Addle wrote: »
    I waited 10 days to receive a form from the bank. For some reason it takes correspondence from Bank of Ireland 3 times longer than the national average to deliver.
    I went out of my way this evening to hand deliver the completed form, and the branch letter box is sealed.
    I'm beyond annoyed.
    Why does the branch no longer have an active letterbox?
    Hi Addle,

We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience you have experienced.

Most of our branches no longer have post boxes because all our post is looked after in a central location,  they action any request they can and all other mail is forwarded to the branch when necessary through internal post.  It is also to stop customers posting cash lodgements as these are unsecured. 

Thanks for taking the time to post

Seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

I assume if one posts the item it would still arrive at the branch via An Post during business hours so it would get there ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Hi SpaceTime,

Thank you for your post.

You are indeed correct, items that are posted via An Post will arrive at that branch during business hours.

If there is anything else we can help you with please do not hesitate to contact.

Thanks,
    Paula C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Why should you have to buy a stamp when you might be passing the branch? It has been possible to deliver a letter to a bank for the last 200 years, another pointless anti-customer measure by BOI.

ardmacha wrote: »
    Why should you have to buy a stamp when you might be passing the branch? It has been possible to deliver a letter to a bank for the last 200 years, another pointless anti-customer measure by BOI.

Yeah I agree with that. With AIB you can't phone branches anymore either. It routes your call to a call centre!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Is there any bank out there that actually wants customers anymore?

Only very rich customers!

Advertisement