Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AM not working on radio in 2008 Yaris

• 20-06-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

The radio on my 2008 Yaris is still working fine on FM but for some reason the AM has stopped working so I cant get RTE or BBC R4 on Long wave or 5 live and Talksport on medium wave. It just hisses on AM now.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

People still listen to AM radio!?! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭yiddo59

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    People still listen to AM radio!?! :eek::eek::eek:

Well they would if they could ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have you checked all the connections, ie to the antenna?

Anan1 wrote: »
    Have you checked all the connections, ie to the antenna?

No. How easy is it to get at the back of the radio to check the connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

this is a long shot but it may be just the high atmospheric pressure , it can affect the propagation ,, I am using a dedicated receiver here on a 160 mtr long aerial and I can only barely make out talk sport

can you check with a different radio just to clarify

as advised check your aerial etc, other than this it looks like a mode selection in the radio itself

always try to eliminate the simple things first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Didnt they turn off some of the repeaters (is that the right term?) for BBC some time back? I used to listen to BBC 4 and Five Live on LW/MW but it got to the stage where it was impossible to hear through the static.

Started listening using TuneIn app on my phone plugged into the car radio and it has honestly been a revolation!

jomoloney wrote: »
    this is a long shot but it may be just the high atmospheric pressure , it can affect the propagation ,, I am using a dedicated receiver here on a 160 mtr long aerial and I can only barely make out talk sport

can you check with a different radio just to clarify

as advised check your aerial etc, other than this it looks like a mode selection in the radio itself

always try to eliminate the simple things first

Thanks for the reply but doubt its anything to do with atmospherics. It's been like this for a few weeks.
    djimi wrote: »
    Didnt they turn off some of the repeaters (is that the right term?) for BBC some time back? I used to listen to BBC 4 and Five Live on LW/MW but it got to the stage where it was impossible to hear through the static.

Started listening using TuneIn app on my phone plugged into the car radio and it has honestly been a revolation!

I can hear them perfectly on a portable radio at home it's just in the car that I have the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

yiddo59 wrote: »
    No. How easy is it to get at the back of the radio to check the connection?
    This vid shows you how to remove it.

Advertisement