Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Favourites

Options
  • 20-06-2013 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I've worked at a job for a few years now and have never had a problem where I was working, always enjoyed it. Recently though I have gotten a new boss. They are not from this country and when they came to work here, they hired some new staff. One of the staff they hired speaks the same language as the boss and though both have perfect English, they only speak in their language during work hours. The rest of the staff feel uncomfortable at this as it prohibits communications throughout the business and when there is only one person working with these two people, it can be very isolating. There is also a clear case of playing favourites with this new staff member as our new boss constantly shouts at us more experienced staff members for a mistake we've told our boss we've seen this new member of staff make several times but the boss won't go and confront her about it. It is making for a very stressful environment. Is there any way we can ask legally ask our boss to speak English during work hours so that everyone can understand and would it be a good idea to let the boss know that there is a clear case of favourites being played (more than likely because of the language)?
    Tagged:

Advertisement