Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom v Sky v Vodafone

• 20-06-2013 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi Everyone just wonderin could I get some advice,

I have eircom broadband and phone at the moment was considering changing to sky or vodaphone beacuse of the expensive eircom bills. I have been pricing the others but with all the packages theve confused the hell out of me.

i was talking to one of the eircom operators today and he told my bill would be €95 every 2 months but i know myself it never comes in under 140 with vat etc added.
    sky seem to be coming in round €100 for bb, phone and tv
    and vodafone round the 100 for bb and phone

what would anyone advise is there any hidden charges i shud b aware of in any of these packages like the price per minute for calls been ridicously high or anything else like bb speed etc

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You need to check your call usage, mobile calls to whatever network, directory enquiries etc. its all well and good paying x amount as a base price but your actual call usage is the deciding factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 AshtownGuy

Also you have to give notice to Eircom that you intend to switch provider, otherwise they charge €40 penalty, check your Ts&Cs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

roome19b wrote: »
    Hi Everyone just wonderin could I get some advice,

I have eircom broadband and phone at the moment was considering changing to sky or vodaphone beacuse of the expensive eircom bills. I have been pricing the others but with all the packages theve confused the hell out of me.

i was talking to one of the eircom operators today and he told my bill would be €95 every 2 months but i know myself it never comes in under 140 with vat etc added.
    sky seem to be coming in round €100 for bb, phone and tv
    and vodafone round the 100 for bb and phone

what would anyone advise is there any hidden charges i shud b aware of in any of these packages like the price per minute for calls been ridicously high or anything else like bb speed etc

Thanks

Hello.
    I have Sky broadband having previously been with Eircom, Bt & Vodafone.
    Its the best I have had of all of them.I live in an area which has a basic phone service only.

A lot depends where you live & whats available in your area.
    If you are out of contract with your present provider you can change to another provider without penalty.
    The procedure is that you contact the provider you wish to move to & they take care of all the arrangements in your moving.

What you need to do is to look at what your needs are & then see what the various providers offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

I've been with vodafone for a few years now (3 mobiles + 1 landline). The service is actually pretty good, but their administration is a comedy of errors. Not complaining right now tho because their billing mistakes means they are paying me to use their service, not vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 roome19b

thanks for the info guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

Call sky and telling them that you're not happy with the price and that you're going to go to Vodafone or another provider.

I did that for my parents and they're now paying 40 euro for unlimited landline calls, unlimited broadband usage and 30 mins mobile calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I might add a question into this thread please, as I'm moving soon to a non UPC broadband area so I've got to the about Eircom vs Vodafone vs Sky.

Am I correct in saying that Vodafone and sky are using the Eircom network?

So if an area has been connected with Eircom fibre, both Vodafone and Sky will offer this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

quad_red wrote: »
    I might add a question into this thread please, as I'm moving soon to a non UPC broadband area so I've got to the about Eircom vs Vodafone vs Sky.

Am I correct in saying that Vodafone and sky are using the Eircom network?

So if an area has been connected with Eircom fibre, both Vodafone and Sky will offer this?

Only Vodafone use Eircom's fiber. Sky have yet to join, but they announced recently that they will in the future.

There are other companies like Digiweb and Magnet who use Eircom's lines too.

Advertisement