Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from after hours

Options
  • 20-06-2013 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I was permantly banned from after hours last month by a mod -whoopsydaisy

I was previously banned for 3 months on her forum for the following

when discussing breast feeding in public

I stated I did not want to ever witness this and made a reference to a fat woman with saggy breasts. bare in mind this is after hours thread and 99% of the posts were in similar vein or even worse, I found it very odd that I was banned, 3 months as well

My 3 month ban was up and I kept a very low profile, only posting every now and again with the odd reply of a few words to some threads -check my post history if needbe

I then got permantly banned from the forum due to a thread which was made where an article in an English paper had some woman claiming she was far too beautiful to get a job as people always would be asking her out in work etc etc

The thread in question was very busy with lots of "after hours type" responses. My only contribution to this thread was

" I have **** better looking things than that" referring to the girl

As stated with the context of the thread, the forum and the rest of the posts -I do not see why I would be permantly banned for this, I was very surprised to say the least and also a little annoyed at the time as to me it seems a blatant flaunt of the mod/admins powers

I did pm her after being initially pm'd to say I was permantly banned and finished it off with a "**** off" which I regret in hindsight but I felt I was treated wrongly and as I was perma banned for nothing -I had nothing to lose

After a month of being banned from all forums for saying "**** off" which I completely agree with and have no issue whatsoever with the punishment, I still feel very annoyed over my permanent banning from afterhours and would like this looked into please?

I accept I have probably lost all credit due to finishing my pm with "**** off" but I cause no issues on boards, I forum all the time in 2 forums

motors and Dublin city centre and contribute accordingly and have never had any issues with the mods or come to their attention. after hours is as you well know very silly, childish yet my 2 relatively inoffensive posts has had me banned for 3 months and now permantly banned.

If I were to get my banned overturned on appeal, I would cause no offense to anybody or mods or the mod in question. I posted and read the forum without any issue until the post which I was banned out the blue for

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

any update?

thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hi Bobin.
    Apologies for the delay.
    You've had 5 bans from after hours in your history on boards.

As you might recall I issued two of them.

So it's fair to say you've had your fair share of warnings.

Now, onto the specifics of the bans. When your 3 month ban was imposed it was indicated that the next one was permanent.

To my mind your post was needlessly insulting, the one, in the end that provoked the final ban. The final straw.

Now with that in mind, you yourself admit that the PMing of the unfortunate nature might impact your chances of a return. To be fair, you've been warned a large number of times and have told a moderator of the forum to **** off also.

With that in mind I see no reason to lift this ban. Feel free to appeal to an admin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

Thank you for your response Dr Bollicks.

Whilst not particulalrly satisifed with the response, I wont bother appealing and you will hear no more on this from me.

regards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement