Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet Shops in D15

Options
  • 20-06-2013 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

Was in Carpetright at the centre tonight - and to be honest I thought the prices were high and the advertising of up to 50% off was disingenuous. It's years since we put the carpets in here and at the time we got them from a friend of the family's place on the southside (no longer in business).

Where (other than Carpetright) do people get carpets around here? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Des Kelly is in Coolmine Industrial Estate, and I'm fairly sure there's another carpet place there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Zaph wrote: »
    Des Kelly is in Coolmine Industrial Estate, and I'm fairly sure there's another carpet place there as well.

oooh had totally forgotten that - Thanks! I know there's google but I prefer personal recommendations ;)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

athtrasna wrote: »
    oooh had totally forgotten that - Thanks! I know there's google but I prefer personal recommendations ;)

Well I'm no use so, I bought mine in Carpet right in Liffey Valley. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

coolmine carpets worth a try as well, always found them good to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

bought stairs and landing carpet in des Kelly, also got wooden floors for hall, sitting room and 3 upstairs bedrooms

came out measured, got price, all was painless to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bargaintown do carpet too I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭orlaanne

Surveyor11 wrote: »
    coolmine carpets worth a try as well, always found them good to deal with

We got carpet fitted with them two weeks ago, very happy with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Zaph wrote: »

J.J. Carpets ... I think there are a few there

Thanks everyone, looks like Coolmine Industrial Estate is the place to head tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Got x 2 for des kelly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

athtrasna wrote: »
    Was in Carpetright at the centre tonight - and to be honest I thought the prices were high and the advertising of up to 50% off was disingenuous. It's years since we put the carpets in here and at the time we got them from a friend of the family's place on the southside (no longer in business).

Where (other than Carpetright) do people get carpets around here? Thanks :)

Isn't that 50% off promotion permanently on? Are there not rules about advertising a sale? Surely a sale that is on 365 days a year isn't a sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Isn't that 50% off promotion permanently on? Are there not rules about advertising a sale? Surely a sale that is on 365 days a year isn't a sale.

Totally agree, That "sale" is there since the shop moved in years ago.

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Totally agree, That "sale" is there since the shop moved in years ago.

The guy tried to convince me that it was for the weekend only and said it was unusual because it normally only runs on a bank holiday weekend.

In the end I'm getting carpet delivered direct from the carpet company through a contact, much cheaper than from a ship, just wish I'd thought of it before I trekked round 4 carpet shops!

Advertisement