Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any storm tales?

Options
  • 20-06-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

We're away from Wellington at the moment, enjoying the balmy Irish summer.

Anyone have any stories from the storm? The way the media are reporting it I'm wondering if we'll have a house to return to...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

28k house without power, airport closed, a few trees down, a ferry made a failed bid for freedom.
    nothing really drastic being reported, the power loss seems to be causing the most problems

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

Hope everyone is well up on Hankey Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

IM SO JEALOUS!!!!

Biggest snow in 20 years my arse! Absolutely robbed, had a sprinkling Friday morning, looks like it went around the peninsula and back inland to give ye lot up north all the fun.

*snniff*

Such a let down, can't begin to say how excited I as when we got that dusting. Built up to be torn down.

(also, hope everyone's been as warm as possible and no damage done - hard to know what's happening in the rest of the country since tv went digital)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

New Plymouth had a glorious Friday and Saturday :)

Did the marathon on Sunday in Wellington, parts of the course were closed because some of the road is gone around Scorching Bay so had to run the same piece of road 4 times which was a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

The Hutt line is still closed due to storm damage which has made traffic pants for the last few days.

Apart from that it didnt feel any worse then the usual gales that we get a few of every winter. Good old house shaker with enough rain to turn our rambling creek out the back into a torrent that rearranged a few trees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement