Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&C, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Roustabout

Well it's all done and dusted. I'm a bit sore and tired but feeling much better than I thought I would. The doctor came to see me afterwards and was very happy to inform me that everything went fine and that everything was perfect! No cysts, no endo, no fibroids, no septum, nothing! He even told me that I had recently ovulated from my right ovary. I think he knew by my face that I was a little disappointed, as mad as that sounds, all I could think about was well if everything is OK, then why have we been trying for 13 month with no success?! He told me not to worry that we had a great chance of getting pregnant naturally, and even better now that he did the D&C. He reckons I'll be highly fertile next month, so 'time to get busy' as he said! I have a follow up appointment in 6 weeks so he said if I wasn't pregnant by then, we'd begin to discuss the IVF options.
    Trying to stay positive and see how things go. Glad it's all over and fingers crossed it'll be worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

So glad to hear it went well Roustabout, I have mine in 26 days (not counting or anything) x

You'll be fine Stickybean, honestly. I'm a week over it now and all is well thankfully. Wounds are a little stingy still and I'm careful about how I move, lifting etc, but overall things are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭nemo32

Great to read this post, I am in tomorrow for Lap, dye test, D&C and Ovarian Drilling. I really have a feeling he is not going to find anything but will be worth having it done just to have the high fertility next mth after 2 years of tccing and not a positive test in sight.

Did anyone hear have the procedure done with Dr. Boos?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Melissa30

Hi All,

I am going for a lap & dye in March through the public system. I never asked about a cost, does anyone here know if there is a charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

No charge if you go through the public system I had mine done on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

bobskii wrote: »
    Hi sorry new to this , can I ask how long u were waiting for your laparoscopy appointment ?

So my appointment is next week and I lost the info sheet the hospital gave me. I know I have to be there from 8am but not sure on eating etc the night before. No answer from the hospital so if anyone had theirs done in UCHG and can remember where to go on the day or any other relevant info I would be very grateful.

Sineadlucy wrote: »
    Hi sorry new to this , can I ask how long u were waiting for your laparoscopy appointment ?

Sorry I'm only seeing this now . I don't think I was waiting long just a couple of months . I had it done in 2011.

• Advertisement

Sineadlucy wrote: »

Sorry I'm only seeing this now . I don't think I was waiting long just a couple of months . I had it done in 2011.

Hi Melissa30. When I had mine done I had to fast from midnight (i.e. no food or drink) This wasn't in UCHG but I'd imagine that is standard for all procedures. I wasn't brought down to theater until after 3pm so to say I was hungry and thirsty was an understatement! I wasn't able to be nervous about the procedure cos all I could think about was getting a drink and something to eat!
    Best of luck next week

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pennyloves

Hi Melissa, I had the lap and dye done last Friday. I had to stop eating after half 7 that morning and was told to take sips of water till 10 am. Bring slippers with you as I had to walk into the theatre in my gown and boots before! I hope everything goes well for you. Let us know how you get on and if you need any more information just ask x

Thanks Penny. Actually found the info sheet but it just says to arrive at 8am! How are you feeling since? Do you get results on the day?

Ah I am glad you found it! My consultant told me that he was able to unblock my tubes after I had my tea and toast so u will find out everything before you go home. I am feeling really tired and I am sleeping a lot but I expected to be much worse. Best of luck Melissa, you will be fine x

Procedure has been cancelled as I have a chest infection. So frustrating.

Sorry to hear that Melissa. I know what the build up to a procedure like that is like, you just want it over with. You also want the best outcome so try and focus on getting better and ring up the consultant next week and he might be able to give you an app earlier than you think. X

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi girls. Had the whole works done in hospital Monday. I was fine after it. Only that dreaded trapped air in my shoulder I screamed like a big child.lol but that's the only discomfort I had. Wounds are healing well. X just make sure u have some good pain relief. And some cans of fizzy drinks help dislodge the trapped Air x

Advertisement