Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kanger Starter Kit

• 20-06-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭

This forum has being brilliant and has helped me with my first steps into vaping.

So my Kanger starter kit arrived today. I chose the t3 with 900mah battery.

Really like it so far, good throat hit. Not too sure about the nut flavour but am liking the gummy bear surprisingly!! :)

I guess what I'd like to know is what would be a good option for vaping on a night out as this is when I tend to start smoking cigs after a few drinks. This set up works well but is just too big to carry on a night out. I'm worried I'd break it.

What would you guys recommend that has the same set up but on a smaller pocket sized scale?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

An eGo 650 mAh battery (not Twist) is absolutely tiny, I think that's about as small as you can get with any real battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Unless you go the AIO route. Small batteries that have a case which recharges the batteries, size of a pack of cigs.
    But I'd second the 650mAh eGo and 1.8-2.0ohm heads for the clearo. Dinky but not a terrible vape. Or a Boge carto with slim tank (slightly more setting up involved here).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

Or the Kanger batteries. My bro and a few others have managed to break ego batteries on a number of occassions and haven't got much feedback yet about the Kanger batteries (ego alternatives) but from what I've heard the build quality seems to be a bit better.

Any reading this that can compare both let me know if this is true or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

You could get yourself a lanyard and hang the thing round your neck - much better than keeping it in a pocket or (in my case) a handbag :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

StickyIcky wrote: »
    Or the Kanger batteries. My bro and a few others have managed to break ego batteries on a number of occassions and haven't got much feedback yet about the Kanger batteries (ego alternatives) but from what I've heard the build quality seems to be a bit better.

Any reading this that can compare both let me know if this is true or not.

I love the kanger batteries. Ive been using them with 1.2ohm coils(not recommended) and they havent blown up in my face...yet :-o They seem to be better built than the joyetechs because when I drop a joyetech they usually separate at the seam under the switch but the kanger stays intact.
    The button is way nicer on the kanger imo. I hate the button on the joyetech, I have a permanent dent on my thumb from it :-) I just wish the kanger had some sort of battery level indicator and a choice of voltages like the joyetechs.
    Weird thing is the kanger 650 is about 10mm shorter than the joyetech c 650 and the 1000mah kanger is about 8mm longer than the joyetech c 1000mah.

• Advertisement

Kanger need to make twists n stuff. Hopefully they do soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I've an Ovale Elips C and it is very very small, would be ideal for pub / work I think. It's basically the look and size of a USB key.

Otherwise as others said an ego C 650 or the Ego C mini batteries with your T3 would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Thanks everyone for all the replies.

So some really good news, Friday night was the first time in about 10 years that I haven't had a cigarette while drinking!! I would easily smoke a pack on a session. It was tough for the first hour but after that no issues at all.

The Kanger T3 works well, I really need to get more sample flavours and find the one. I am finding it has started making a lot of noise when smoking it, gurgling etc but is working fine. I do think I will need a smaller battery as it was a wee bit tricky to manage in the jeans pocket. I might give the Kanger battery a try.

On a separate note, the amount of people who want to try it is unreal!!! Started to wreck my head a bit towards the end with drunk randomers asking for a go. Maybe a t-shirt with I have herpes might sort that out!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

El Toro Virginia Prime is the first juice I found that I could have a pint with, everything else I tried was too sweet or minty!!

I'm only vaping a little while myself, and a few have asked for a go when they see me chuffing plumes and plumes of vape out. Then they take a tiny little vape and invariably cough their lungs up.... cos they don't know what to expect

I take it back off them, then billow out a few more clouds :D

Hello, bit of an update here. It'll be one year next Friday since I first posted this thread.

What a good year...So happy with vaping!! I'm not gonna lie, there were a few slip ups where I had the odd fag when drunk but maybe 2-3 times (paddys day). Health benefits are unbelievable especially with my breathing and general fitness.

I am now using a vamos v5 with a kanger protank 3 or aerotank. It is part of my routine. I only use my vape when out for drinks and not at all Monday to Friday which is massive for me coming from 10 Bensons a day and 20+ on a night out. I've a spinner and spinner 2 for heading out but I really am a fan of the V5.. I laugh that I thought the ego 900mah was too big!!

I still read this forum on a daily basis and again must admit that the advice and sense being spoken is spot on. I have converted at least 5 heavy smokers to vaping...including the missus (work in progress!) Paul at esmoke has being a top supplier and impressive delivery considering I live in Scotland.

Next move is maybe a rebuildable mod.....

Thanks to all.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 BretCartiers

Awesome Samuri Suicide..Vaping is the way if you want to quit smoking. For last 7 days no smoking.. I am feeling very happy and my body is responding well to vaping..

If you're going to make a rebuildable mod can I recommend the Magma clone for a dripper, also the eHpro or the Infinite clone version of the Kayfun.

So a bit of delayed update to my original post.

Haven't had a cigarette for 18 months now, feel the best I've ever felt! Use an istick 30w with a kanger subtank nano with heisenberg 6mg and it's my all day vape every day. It's compact and I haven't suffered any of the leakage problems that are common.. Buying from legit sellers I think is key.

Anyways I'm a committed vaper that can't thank the advice here enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

So a bit of delayed update to my original post.

Haven't had a cigarette for 18 months now, feel the best I've ever felt! Use an istick 30w with a kanger subtank nano with heisenberg 6mg and it's my all day vape every day. It's compact and I haven't suffered any of the leakage problems that are common.. Buying from legit sellers I think is key.

Anyways I'm a committed vaper that can't thank the advice here enough.

Well done Samuri,18 months has passed so quickly,there has been a lot of good changes with vaping hardware since 2013,I am mostly into sub ohm vaping but I still use the ego/kanger spinner with a T3 in the bog only,bought a pipe stand & keep all the ego twists & spinners standing upright in the pipe stand,10 in total with T3's with all different flavours,they must be 4 years old & still working.
    All my Vamo's died eventually,I tend to use regulated box mods these days.
    The isticks are pretty good,never tried the Kanger subtank Nano,I presume it must be the same as the mini but smaller.
    Good to hear vaping stories like yours & hopefully we will hear from you next year...

Advertisement