Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche in Santry

Options
  • 20-06-2013 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi all,

Mods i am posting here hoping for some local knowledge as opposed to the parenting forum, move if necessary thanks.

We are about to start our 1 year old in Pinocchios creche on the swords road in Santry and after seeing the recent TV program i want to look into it more.

I have been down and seen the place and the people in there do seem nice and the lady that runs it also seems very nice.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with this creche or know anyone that does?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kfc1210

So we tried here for a month and I feel obliged to say what I saw, as I was not happy with this crèche.

There are only 2 cots but you are told all the kids have a mattress, what I found happens is most kids sleep in their buggies.

Twice I seen my child strapped into his buggy when collecting him, the last time I arrived at 5:55 and 2 staff were standing waiting inside the door with him in the buggy ready to go and I obviously must have had a funny look on my face and they said they were washing the floors so put him in. They were more interested in getting out at 6.

I was told at the start that they never give a soother but every time I was there some child had one. Now I have no problem with a soother but I do when i’m being lied to.
    Another time I was in there a child was crying and one of the girls picked up a random soother and gave it to the child, this was not that child’s soother as she said this one will keep her quiet and I knew by her it was the first one she seen.

On 3 occasions when I went in the bigger kids were sat around watching TV, I have never seen a TV in a crèche before.

Another time when I was leaving they said oh we may change him and never put gloves on, I was in the changing room with them and say this.

He would always roar when I handed him over which I though may just be him being difficult but now in the new crèche this stopped after 2 days and he is very excited to go in.

To me this means he was not happy and I had already seen to many warning signs.

Advertisement